• Town of Niagara

      George Phillpotts (1817)
      Historical map showing lot boundaries and numbers, as well as land that is labelled; "reserve for works" at Mississauga Point. The map is oriented with north the bottom right, as indicated by an arrow. At the southern side of the lots is the Town of Niagara. To the east is a Military Reserve and to the north is Lake Ontario. At the west side of the land mass there is a water inlet labeled “1 mile pond”. A waterway is shown cutting through the lots leading east toward military reserve land. Text at the bottom right of the map reads: "Copy, York U.C. May 3rd 1817, copied from a plan in the Surveyor Genls Office Sigd Geo. Phillpotts Lt R.E." In the bottom left corner: “C.S. 114”.
    • Township No.2 Stamford

      [Augustus Jones] ([1797])
      Historic map showing the Township of Stamford (present day Niagara Falls), divided into lots. North is oriented to the right. The Niagara River and Niagara Falls are located at south. Chippewa Creek is borders the town to the east and leads to the Niagara River. Lots are labelled with the lot number and the landowners name. Text on the top left of the map reads: “Niagara Chain RESERVE” Papers – 1797 (or Earlier)”. "1797" is also written on the bottom left corner.
    • Township of Niagara, Lincoln County, June 1961

      ; Niagara Township Engineer; Erwin Blake (Niagara Township Engineer, 1961)
      Historical map showing streets, lot numbers, boundaries, cultural and hydrological features.
    • Township of Stamford

      H.R. Page & Co. (1876)
      Map showing lot numbers with landowners' names, roads, railroads, battle fields identified with symbol. Digital reproduction of map on page 56 of Illustrated historical atlas of the counties of Lincoln and Welland, Ont., Toronto : H.R. Page, 1876 Relief shown by hachures. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Trace of Chippewa Harbour

      Killaly, H. H. (1841)
      Historic map showing the mouth of Chippawa Creek (“Chippewa Cut”) at the Niagara River. North is oriented to the top and the Niagara River is shown at east. Hog Island, Old Fort, and River Chippewa are shown north of the Chippewa Cut. A line of piles is marked along the northern side of the creek. A barracks is marked north of the River Chippewa. At the south-eastern tip of Hog Island an extension or pier into the Niagara river is indicated with the following text: “Mould formed by materials excavated from cut” (the “cut” likely referring to the Welland Canal).
    • Tremaine's map of the Counties of Lincoln and Welland, Canada West

      George R. Tremaine; G. M. Tremain (Toronto : Geo. R. & G.M. Tremaine, 1862)
      Historic map showing the boundaries of Lincoln and Welland Counties. The subtitle reads: “Compiled and Drawn from Actual Surveys by the Publishers.” North is oriented to the top at Lake Ontario and Lake Erie is shown at sourth. Townships shown include: Grimsby, Clinton, Louth, Grantham, Niagara, Caistor, Gainsboro, Pelham, Thorold, Stamford, Wainfleet, Crowland, Willoughby, Humberstone and Bertie. The towns are divided into lots and concessions. Lots are numbered or labelled with the name of the lot owner. Roads and railways are indicated as are waterways. The Welland Canal is also shown. Bordering the map are drawings of homes and buildings which are labelled with the owner’s name. There is also a list of subscribers for each town. A legend is available below the title.
    • Tunis' New Map of Niagara Falls and River, showing all the Prominent Points Adjacent. 1855

      W.E. Tunis (1855)
      Oriented with north to the bottom. Relief shown by hachures. Digital reproduction of folded map in "Tunis's topographical and pictorial guide to Niagara." Niagara Falls : W. E. Tunis, 1855, located in Brock University Archives and Special Collections call # SPCL F 127 N8 T9 1855. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Upper Canada

      Henry S. Tanner (1836)
      Historic map of Upper Canada (present day Ontario). The map shows boundaries, place names and major roads, along with hydrological features. Place names are reflective of the time period which this map was produced, 1836. The great lakes shown are: Lake Ontario, Lake Erie and Lake Huron. Lake Iroquois is also shown (present day Georgian Bay). Relief is shown by hachures.
    • Vernon-Might's "clearview" city directory map, St. Catharines, Ont.

      Might Directories, ltd. (1931)
      Historical map showing boundary, road and transportation features, street names and street numbers, legend. Scale [ca. 1:8,333] Map date: 1931 Digital reproduction of map (48 x 58 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1931 M54 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • [Village of Port Dalhousie map sheet from the Welland Canal Book 1]

      1850?
      Historical map is Map 1 from the Welland Canal Book 1, showing Port Dalhousie's roads, buildings, dry dock and Lock 1 of the First and Second Welland Canal. Includes lot and concession numbers, land owner names, buildings, the 'new' and 'old' harbour, the canal lock, towing path and measurements. Relief shown by hachures. Scale [ca. 1:2,461]. Map date: 1850. Digital reproduction of map from the "Welland Canal Book 1" located in the James A. Gibson Special Collections' St. Lawrence Seaway Archives. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 P66 1850 V55 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal enlargement new line Thorold to Port Dalhousie : plan of lands between the town of St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie.

      Geo Gibson (1873)
      Historical map showing land ownership in area of proposed route for the Third Welland Canal. Gives names of landowner, lot numbers, small section of street plan of St. Catharines in Rolls Ave. and old Lake Road area. Includes table: "Schedule of land required for canal proposes between the concession line IV & V Township of Grantham and the Mouth of "May's Ravine." Relief shown by hachures. Scale [ca. 1:2,398] Map date: 1873. Digital reproduction of map (51 x 102 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168610 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal Enlargement Plan shewing proposed deviation of Welland Railway in ravine behind Thorold Village

      Thomas Monro; John Page (1874)
      Historical map showing streets, buildings in the Village of Thorold, the Welland Railway and the Welland Canal. "Thorold, 15th June 1874. Thomas Monro. John Page., C.E. P. Works." Scale 1 in to 100 ft. Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Relief shown by hachures. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168614 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal Enlargement, Land Plan, from Thorold to Allanburgh

      Geo. Gibson (1876)
      Historical map of the Second Welland Canal showing, streets, lot numbers, land owners, road allowances, railway. Scale: 1 inch to 3 chains. Map date: 1876. Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168616 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal enlargement, new line Thorold to Port Dalhousie : plan of lands between the town of St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie.

      Thomas Monro; John Page (1873)
      Historical map showing land ownership in area of proposed route for the Third Welland Canal. Gives names of landowner, lot numbers, small section of street plan of St. Catharines in Rolls Ave. and old Lake Road area. A chart indicates land required for canal purposes giving owner's name, lot and concession and approximate acreage. Relief shown by hachures. Scale 3 chains per inch. "Signed: Thomas Monro and John Page. Thorold, Aug. 1, 1873." Map Date: 1873. Library Archives Canada attributes this map to George Monro Gibson, though his signature is not on this version. Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168611 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal enlargement, new line Thorold to Port Dalhousie : plan of lands between the town of St. Catharines and Port Dalhousie.

      Geo. Gibson (1873)
      Historical map showing land ownership in area of proposed route for the Third Welland Canal. Gives names of landowner, lot numbers, small section of street plan of St. Catharines in Rolls Ave. and old Lake Road area. Includes table: "Schedule of land required for canal proposes between the concession line IV & V Township of Grantham and the Mouth of "May's Ravine." Signed: Geo Gibson, P.L. Surveyor, July 1873. Includes stamp from the Thorold Office. Relief shown by hachures. Scale: 3 chains per inch. Map date: 1873. Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168613 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal Enlargement. Plan of Port Dalhousie Harbour, Section No. 1. New Line, Thorold to Port Dalhousie

      Thomas Monro (1875)
      Historical map of the Second Welland Canal showing elevation and soundings and bore hole measurements, buildings and canal features. Includes cross sections. Scale 1 inch to 80 feet. Relief shown by hachures and shading. Map date: 1875. Digital reproduction of map (46 x 95 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168615 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Welland Canal from actual Survey

      F.P. Rubidge; N.H. Baird; H.H. Killaly (1837)
      Historic map showing the First and Second Welland Canal from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario at Port Dalhousie along with proposed changes to the course. North is oriented to the right at Lake Ontario. The map has been broken down into sections. The “Section First” is noted as; “comprising from Lake Ontario, to the Village of Thorold, & c., Distance, Nine Miles and Sixty one Chains, admeasurement.” A notation indicates that proposed improvements and deviations are shown in red tinting. Canal locks, lift elevations, swing bridges, tow paths, basins and dams are indicated. Cities and towns are marked along the canal as are some buildings and mills. Various notations are made on the map including the state of repair of each lock. Relief and the Niagara Escarpment is shown with shading.
    • [Welland Canal Locks 3-4. 1845]

      St. Johns Outdoor Studies Centre, Niagara South Board of Education (Niagara South Board of Education, 1845)
      Map showing locks 2 and 3 of the 2nd Welland Canal in downtown St. Catharines with street names, buildings, wharfs and lock features.
    • [Welland Canal Locks 4-7. 1845]

      St. Johns Outdoor Studies Centre, Niagara South Board of Education (Niagara South Board of Education, 1845)
      Map showing locks 4 and 7 of the 2nd Welland Canal in downtown St. Catharines with street names, buildings, wharfs and lock features.
    • Welland Canal. Plan of land on Goose Island in the Village of Merritton proposed to be leased to Fred Grenville 22 June 1916.

      1916
      Historical map of the Third Welland Canal showing canal boundaries, locks, buildings, Goose Island. Existing and pending leases are shown together with the name of leasees and their dwellings. Relief shown by hachures. Scale: 100 feet to 1 inch. Map date 1916. Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168607 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.