• [St. Catharines oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      3 oblique aerial photographs showing northeast views of the 1st and 2nd Welland Canal valley, including St. Paul Street, Glenridge Bridge and Burgoyne Bridge.
    • St. Catharines Ont. and Surroundings.

      Sabiston Lith. & Pub. Co. (Montreal : Sabiston Lith. & Pub. Co.,, 1890?)
      Historic map showing an artistic rendering of a bird’s eye view of the City of St. Catharines. The route of the Second Welland Canal through the city and a section of the Third Welland Canal. Also shown are streets and drawings of homes and buildings beginning at the water’s edge and continuing throughout the city. Bordering the map are illustrations of 29 significant buildings in St. Catharines, Thorold and Merritton. The names of each building are listed at the bottom of the map.
    • St. Catharines, 1875, Province Ontario, Canada

      H. Brosius; Charles Shober & Co. (Chas. Shober & Co. prop's Chicago Lith. Co., 1875reprin)
      Artistic historic map showing a bird’s-eye view of St. Catharines. Locally this map is commonly referred to as the “Brosius Map”. This map has been widely used and greatly appreciated as it is a very detailed, hand drawn view of the city. The author, Herman Brosius (1851-1917) was a renowned artist known for completing bird’s-eye views of at least 57 towns and cities in North America. With his brother Frederick, he co-owned the Milwaukee Lithograph and Engraving Company.
    • St. Catharines. 1876

      Page, H.R. (H.R. Page, 1876)
      Map showing streets, wards (St. Andrew's Ward, St. George's Ward, St. Thomas' Ward), land owners, lot numbers, route of the second Welland Canal and tow path, and a section of the proposed third Welland Canal, Great Western Railway.
    • St. George's Church, St. Catharines - Ontario

      Holt, E.O. (1935)
      Historical map showing "approx. site of Church 1796-1835" and approximate limits of church property, with street names identified.
    • Street map and reference guide of St. Catharines, Canada and vicinity.

      1950?
      Historical map showing streets, railroads and business locations. Scale [ca. 1:33,230] Map date: [1950?] Digital reproduction of map (63 x 46 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1950 S87 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Survey of St. Catharines previous to 1809

      H.R. Page (1809)
      Map date: 1809Includes illustration of building at 135 St. Paul Street and an advertisement for a Toronto lithographer.This map is a copy of p.58 of the 1876 edition of the Illustrated historical atlas of the Counties of Lincoln & Welland, and p.66 of the 1971 and 1984 reprints of the atlas.Digital reproduction of map (22 x 27 cm., on sheet 46 x 44 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection.Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 G46 1809 H123 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • That part of Canada now invaded by Fenians. 1866

      W. C. Chewett & Co. (1866)
      Map date: "June 2nd 1866" Scale [ca. 1:511,538] Digital reproduction of map (24 x 19 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 S68 S38 1866 W22 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The "Port Weller" original townsite, plan no.2. 1913

      Douglas G Ure & Sons (1913)
      Scale [ca. 1:1,200] "File #7139"--written in top right corner. Digital reproduction of map (64 x 54 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from negative version of Brock call# G 3464 S35 G45 1913 P67 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Buffalo, Depew and West Seneca power district. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Sheet 5 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University
    • The City of St. Catharines and vicinity

      S.A. Renouf Advertising (1932)
      Historical map showing street index, places of interest, businesses, cultural features, railroads, city and township boundaries, 'Old Welland Canal', legend.Scale [ca. 1:15,277]Map date: [1932]Digital reproduction of map (57 x 71 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1932 S37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Military Reserve at Fort Erie 1819

      A. Walpole; Henry Vavasour (1819)
      Historic map showing military Fort Erie, and surrounding area. North is oriented to the right and the Niagara River is located at east. Boundary of Military Reserve at Fort Erie lines are shown west of the Niagara River. “American Lines” are shown beginning at the fort, extending south to Snake Hill. Land south of the fort is divided into sections with buildings shown but not labelled. More military lines are shown further north. Forested areas and vegetation are shown and relief is shown with hachures. Map is signed: “Niagara April 19th 1819 A Walpole …”
    • The Military Reserve at Fort George

      Arthur Walpole; Henry Vavasour. (Niagara, 1819)
      Historic map showing Military Reserve land and fortification in Niagara (Niagara-on-the-Lake). North is oriented to the bottom right. The Niagara River is shown to the east of Niagara. Military bases including Fort George, Fort Mississaugua and Butler’s Barracks are shown. Both the ruins of Fort George and the rebuilt Fort George are present. Commandant Quarters, an Indian Council House, Navy Hall, and Engineer establishment are also marked. Old military lines and the boundary of military land are marked. Town boundaries are shown but no details are shown on the land that is not related to the military. Relief is shown by hachures.
    • The new "Master map", City of St. Catharines and suburban areas, including Grantham Township & Port Weller, Port Dalhousie, Thorold & Merritton

      Master Advertising Co. (Toronto, Ont.) (1959)
      Historical map showing street index, business directory, places of interest, miscellaneous and highway information, advertisements. Scale [1:21,120] Map date: 1959 Digital reproduction of map (85 x 65 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1959 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Niagara Frontier

      Sidney Hall; Francis Hall, d. 1833 (London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown, Paternoster Row,, 1818)
      Historical map showing towns, rivers, roads, indian tribal lands, "Canby Marsh".
    • The Niagara Frontier and Welland Canal

      R. H.(Richard Hugh) Stotherd, 1828-1895. Lieutenant Price, Royal Engineers (1862)
      Historic map showing “The Niagara Frontier”, situated south of Lake Ontario, north of Lake Erie and west of the United States. The Niagara River divides Canada and the United States. At the mouth of the Niagara River at Lake Ontario, Fort Mississagua (sic) in Canada and Fort Niagara in the U.S. can be seen. Further west along the shore of Lake Ontario, the town of Port Dalhousie is labelled. The Second Welland Canal can be seen extending from Port Dalhousie to Port Colborne. Fort Erie is shown at the mouth of the River at Lake Erie and is labelled: “Fort Erie (in Ruins)”. Other details on the map include towns, wooded areas, creeks, roads and railways. Some buildings are marked such as; inn’s, schools and churches. Relief is shown by shading.
    • The Niagara Peninsula. Ontario

      Geological Survey of Canada. ([Ottawa] : The Geological Survey of Canada, 1918)
      Historical map showing geological features, charts, illustrations, legend.
    • The Straits of Niagara Engraved for Darby’s Tour

      William Darby, 1775-1854.; W. Hooker ([New York : Kirk & Mercein,, 1819?)
      Historic map showing Upper Canada (the area of present day Niagara Falls and Queenston Heights). North is oriented to the right toward Lake Ontario, Lake Erie is shown at south. The American side of the river is shown on the east side of the Niagara River. The Niagara River is shown cutting through the land from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie. Also shown are various other hydrological features on both sides of the river. Place names, streets and significant buildings are marked. Forested areas are noted and land condition notes are also found at various points on the map. Grand Isle is shown at the centre of the river with notations about its size and features. The locations of War of 1812 battle grounds are marked at various points of the map. Relief is shown by hachures.
    • The Welland power district. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Scale: 1 inch to 1 mile. Geographic coverage between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Sheet 3 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University
    • [Thorold / Merritton oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      Oblique aerial photograph showing the 2nd Welland Canal's Neptune Staircase (Locks 19-21 climbing the escarpment), looking west toward Merritton.