• Plan shewing the situation and dimensions approved for building lots for merchants and traders on the King's reserved land at Fort Chippewa in Upper Canada. 1798

      Gother Mann (1798)
      Scale [ca. 1:1,188]. "W. Hall Lt Rl Ary, [signed] Gother Mann COll Commandg Rl Engrs." Digital reproduction of map (34 x 49 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Relief shown by hachures. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3464 C45 1798 P53 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan Shewing the Survey of the Military Reserve at Niagara, 1831

      James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862; (1831)
      Historic map of military reserve land in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Lake Ontario and the Niagara River are shown at the north side of the land. The map shows lots, some of which are labelled by lot number, size or landowner name. Some lots are unlabelled. Some streets are named. Buildings and military yards are shown, such as: hospital, Navy Hall, fuel yard, engineers yard and guard house. Fort George and Fort Mississauga are both located at the north side of the town close to the bodies of water. There are three portions of land labelled A, B, C. Reference text indicates these portions are reserved for military purposes. Further text next to the reference information reads as follows: “Surveyed by Order of His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor Reserve exchanged for Land at Missisauga [sic] Fort”. Relief is shown in shading.
    • Plan Showing the Condition of the Chippewa Cut Before and After the Late Improvements

      W. C. E. Holloway (1845?)
      Historic map showing the First and Second Welland Canal where the Welland River (Chippewa Creek) joins the Niagara River. The Chippewa cut is shown running adjacent to and Hog Island. A line of piles is marked in the Chippewa Cut. Also shown is a barracks. A notation at the top of Hog Island within the Welland River reads: “Proposed piers level with waters surface. Intended to diminish velocity of current through cut by reducing quantity of water discharged”.
    • Plan showing the condition of the harbor of Port Dalhousie in 1845 and the proposed improvements

      A. Jukes; W.C.E. Holloway; Edward Boxer (1845)
      Historical map showing the First and Second Welland Canal with the Third Welland Canal's proposed new harbor, inner harbor, outer harbor, lighthouse and bridge. Scale [ca. 1:1,920] Relief shown by shading and soundings. Map date: 1845 Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 4320 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan Showing the Military Reserve at the Falls of Niagara Surveyed by Command of His Excellency Sir John Colborne K.C.B. Lieutenant Governor

      James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862. (1831)
      Historic map showing land along the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the top right. Niagara Falls is shown, divided into lots which are labelled numerically. A military reserve is shown along the bank of the water. Some buildings are shown and labelled including the Ontario base, stables and a pavilion. On the land north-west of the falls is Table Rock, Wright’s Stairs and a museum. Concession Road, the Road from Chippewa, a road to the ferry and other unlabeled roads are shown. The Niagara River at Niagara Falls is shown. Goat Island and two other unlabeled islands are shown in the river at the top of Niagara Falls. Relief is shown with shading and hachures. In the bottom right corner of the map is reference text providing further information about the lots. Granted land to Philip Bender, James Forsythe and James Elsworth is indicated shown and are indicated by lot number. Text in the top right corner of the map indicates which lots were granted to each individual and provides further information about each lot. The text was written and signed by D. W. Smith A.S.G.
    • Plan showing the situation & dimensions proposed for Building Lots for Merchants and Traders on the King’s reserved Land near Fort George in the Province of Upper Canada

      Gother Mann, 1747-1830. (1802)
      Historic plan showing the Town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake) with a focus on the King’s reserved land near Fort George. North is oriented to the bottom right. The Niagara River is shown along the bottom of the plan. Navy Hall, a store-house and wharfs are shown on the bank of the Niagara River adjacent to the site of Fort George. On this plan only the site of Fort George is shown, not a diagram of the fort itself. Further north along the river the land is divided into lots and labelled with numbers and owner names. Military boundaries are shown along with roadways and unlabeled buildings. The plan is signed: “Submitted by Gother Mann Col. Command. R. Engr. Quebec 10th Novr. 1802.” Relief is shown by shading.
    • Plan: West Landing on the Niagara River – Upper Canada

      Gother Mann (1798)
      Historic plan with title text that reads as follows: “PLAN Shewing the situation and dimensions approved for Building Lots for Merchants & Traders on the King’s reserved Land near the West Landing on the Niagara River in the Province of Upper Canada 1798”. The map bears the signature of “Gother Mann, Col. Command. Grl. Engn.”
    • Port Colborne, Township of Humberstone, County of Welland

      ; Page, H. R. (H.R. Page, 1876)
      A historical map of Port Colborne showing streets, lot and concession numbers, house lot numbers, some landowner names.
    • [Port Dalhousie oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      2 oblique aerial photographs looking north towards the outer harbour of Port Dalhousie of the 2nd and 3rd Welland Canal.
    • Port Dalhousie Ward existing land use

      St. Catharines (Ont.). Planning and Development Services. (1961)
      Historical map showing land use features, residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, park & open spaces, urbanized areas, boundaries. (Legend is not included on this sheet.)Scale 1 inch to 400 feet.Map date: 1961Digital reproduction of map in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 G4 1961 S35 Port Dalhousie, by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Port Dalhousie, situated at the termination of the Welland Canal, Lake Ontario

      Hawkins, William, 1807-1868 (1839)
      Historical map showing roads and buildings of Port Dalhousie, Village Dalhousie, Martindale Pond and the first Welland Canal. "Surveyed under the superintendance of Captain Mackenzie, R.E. by William Hawkins Dy. Survr. Jany 1839" Relief shown by shading and hachures. Depths shown by bathymetric soundings. Photoreproduction of the paper map by Public Archives Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 22720 by Map, Data & GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Port Dalhousie. 1876

      H.R. Page (1876)
      Relief shown by hachures. Digital reproduction of page 77 of the Illustrated historical atlas of the counties of Lincoln & Welland, Ont ... H.R. Page, Toronto, 1876, reprinted 1971. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # MapAtl G 1148 L5 H123 1971, by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Port Dalhousie: Second Welland Canal Period. 1845

      St. Johns Outdoor Studies Centre, Niagara South Board of Education (Niagara South Board of Education, 1845)
      Map showing the Village of Port Dalhousie and the 2nd Welland Canal at Lake Ontario with piers, harbours, drydocks and towpath.
    • Power district of the Ontario Power Company of Niagara Falls, 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Scale: 9 miles to 1 inch. Sheet 1 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Queen Victoria Niagara Falls Park

      Cable, Alexander & (Alexander & Cable, 1888)
      Historical map showing park buildings, roads, Niagara River, Horseshoe and American Falls, international boundary, suspension bridge, Michigan Centrail Railroad, train depot, New York State Reservation.
    • Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Falls

      Copp, Clark Co. Ltd., Lith, Toronto (Niagara Falls : Superintendents Office., 1896)
      Historic map showing the location of Queen Victoria Park in Niagara Falls. The park runs adjacent to the Niagara River beginning at The Clifton House and continues south past Dufferin Islands. Notations within the parkland indicate paths, playground and picnic ground areas, electric railway route, fountains and horse troughs. Table Rock is also noted within the mark adjacent to Horse Shoe Falls. The map also shows boundaries, streets, transportation routes, cultural and tourist features in Niagara Falls. The international boundary between the United States and Canada is shown by a dotted line running directly through the centre of the Niagara River. On the United States side of the river, islands and streets are shown. There are also textual notations providing information about the river rapids and the quantity of water passing over the falls as well as indications of the upper line breakers and the route of the Maid of the Mist. A notation on the map indicates this map was used by the “Superintendents Office, Niagara Falls Feb. 1896.”
    • Regional Municipality of Niagara. 1969

      Regional Municipality of Niagara (Regional Municipality of Niagara, 1969)
      Map showing King's highway and interchange, regional roads, other roads, roads legally open but not necessarily passable, railways and stations, municipal boundaries.
    • River Niagara and Welland Canal

      Great Britain. Hydrographic Dept.; Engraved by Davies & Company (London : The Admiralty, 1897)
      Map showing hydrographic features, place names, railroads, First, Second and Third Welland Canals.Full title: North America, Lakes Ontario and Erie, River Niagara and Welland Canal / from the latest United States Government Charts. Welland Canal from the latest Canadian Government Surveys.Digital reproduction of map (68 x 51 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada.Depths shown by soundings"336" printed in bottom right margin.Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 113392 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Road map of the County of Welland. 1928

      Ontario. Dept. of Public Highways (Ontario. Dept. of Public Highways, 1928)
      Map showing provincial highways, county roads, county boundaries, lot and concession numbers, legend. Digital reproduction of map (25 x 25 cm.) Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3463 W4 P2 1928 O58, by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Rough sketch of the roads from Cayuga to Chippewa

      Richard John Barou; F.A. Mackenzie Fraser (1838)
      Historic sketch / map showing the southern section of the Niagara Peninsula. The sketch includes towns, creeks and roads. The purpose of this map was to indicate which roads were passable during each seasons, particularly in seasons where roads may be muddy. Sleigh roads, wagon roads, horse roads and foot paths are also labelled. The First Welland Canal can be seen beginning in Allanberg and ending in the south at Lake Erie. Mills, bridges, canals and main points of interest are labelled.