• [Buildings of downtown St. Catharines]

      Author, Unknown (unknown, 1939)
      Map showing downtown area street names and buildings,use of the buildings' structure and condition.
    • County of Welland. 1968

      Welland County Engineer (Welland County Engineer, 1968)
      Map showing road jurisdiction, boundaries, populated area, lots and concessions, legend.
    • Louth. 1876

      Page, H.R. (H.R. Page, 1876)
      Map showing lot numbers with landowners' names, roads, railroads, battle fields identified with symbol.
    • Map of part of the Niagara River and place of the proposed harbour at Black Rock

      Historical map showing ferry crossings, pier, canals, Fort Erie, US side indicates upper and lower village of Black Rock. Geographic coverage from Lake Erie to Squaw Island. Digital reproduction of map (7 1/4 x 12 in.) in National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 3173 by Map, Data & GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the Counties of Haldimand & Welland

      Canada. Dept. of Public Works (1858?)
      Historical map showing the boundaries of Haldimand and Welland Counties, which are situated between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Town boundaries within each county are indicated and labelled. Names of some of the towns have been handwritten in rather than typewritten. The locations of various waterways such as the Niagara River and Grand River are shown, as well as a railroad, however none are labelled.
    • Map of the Town of Merritton. 1900?

      Marten, Harold (Harold Marten, 1900)
      Map showing streets, boundaries, railroads, the 2nd Welland Canal with its locks, weirs and ponds.
    • Map of the Villages of Niagara Falls, & Niagara City, New York : The Village of Elgin and the City of the Falls, Canada West

      Boston : J.H. Hufford's Lith., 1854?
      Historical map showing Niagara Falls, New York located to the east of the Niagara River and Canada West (now Ontario), to the west of the Niagara River. A dotted line runs through the centre of the Niagara River indicating the “National Boundary”. On the Canadian side of the river, the “City of the Falls”, current City of Niagara Falls, and Elgin are shown with main streets labelled as well as ownership of lots noted be last name. Streets and subdivisions are shown as well as. The Canadian and American Falls are labelled along with Goat Island and Bath Islands, which sit at the top of the falls in the river. The Erie and Ontario Rail Road is also indicated, running from the United States, over a bridge crossing the Niagara river and continuing north through Niagara Falls. Relief of the Niagara Gorge and Niagara Escarpment are shown with hachures and shading.
    • Montebello Park, St. Catharines, Ont.

      Frederick Law Olmsted (1887)
      Historic map showing Frederick Law Olmsted’s design for Montebello Park in St. Catharines, the first public park in the city’s downtown. The park is bordered by Ontario Street, Lake Street, Queen Street and Midland Street. A pavilion is shown near the centre of the park with pathways leading to it from each street. A baseball diamond is shown at the north corner of the park and tennis courts at the south corner. Trees line the streets and pathways. Handwritten dates and notations are visible.
    • The new Master map, City of St. Catharines: Including Town of Thorold and Thorold Township

      Master Advertising Co. (Master Advertising Co., 1968)
      Map showing streets, cultural, tourist and hydrological features and a legend. Includes streets, points of interest and miscellaneous information plus indexes.
    • Niagara [Township]. 1789

      Jones, Augustus (Augustus Jones, 1789)
      Map showing land ownership, concession and lot numbers. Includes additional numbers and comments printed or written in the margin and in the river and lake sections.
    • Niagara Township [Niagara Townsite]. 1910

      Niven, Alexander (Department of Lands, Forests and Mines, 1910)
      Map showing streets, boundaries, lot numbers, some land ownership names, parks, 'ruins of Fort George'.
    • Peninsula of Niagara

      D. H. Fletcher. (1866)
      Historical map showing boundaries, railways, rivers, main towns and townships, indian reserves on Grand River, Niagara Frontier.[Signed by] E.H. Fletcher."December 8 - 1866" in bottom right corner.Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada.Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 3011 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan of Fort Erie, Town & Military Reserve

      William Wallace, 1805-1887; Alex Gordon (1853)
      Historic plan showing Fort Erie where the Niagara River meets Lake Erie. North is oriented to the right. Military Reserve land is shown along with the ruins of the old military fort. An ordnance boundary line is indicated. The Brantford and Buffalo Railroad line is shown running from the west boundary line toward the Niagara River. A small portion of the town is divided into three lots numbered 1 to 3. Some buildings are shown along the shore of the river but only a mill and ferry wharf are identified. Relief is shown by hachures. The plan is signed by William Wallace, Engineer, and a notation below the scale reads: “Forwarded with my report of 1st February 1853. Alexr. Gordon Lt. Col. Royal Engineers.” Plan bears the stamp of the Office of Commanding Royal Engineers.
    • Plan of Niagara showing the boundaries of the Town according to the Act of Incorporation passed March 29th 1845

      unknown, author (unknown, 1845)
      Map showing streets, buildings, Butlers' barracks, Fort Mississauga and the ruins of Fort George.
    • Plan of the Niagara Frontier. 1937

      Putnam, A. E. (A. E. Putnam, 1937)
      Map showing the Canadian Niagara Power Company electric line and planning service areas.
    • Plan of the Town Merritton. 1958

      Servos, M. J. (M. J. Servos, 1958)
      Map showing streets, house lots, railroads, line of the second Welland Canal and its lock, weirs and ponds.
    • Plan of the Town of Niagara

      Department of Lands, Forests and Mines (Niagara-on-the-Lake Planning Board, 1966)
      Map showing lot numbers, street names, some land owner names, Fort Mississagua, 'ruins of Fort George'.
    • Plan of the Village of Port Dalhousie

      Ure, Douglas G. (Douglas G. Ure, 1948)
      Map showing street names, town boundaries, lot and concession numbers, section and harbour of the third Welland Canal, tow path, locks and location of Muir's Dry Dock.
    • Plan shewing the Situation & Dimensions proposed for building Lots for Merchants & Traders on the King’s reserved Land at Fort Erie in the Province of Upper Canada

      Gother Mann, 1747-1830; James Green; Robert Prescott (1798)
      Historic plan showing a portion of Fort Erie including King’s reserved land and military Fort Erie. North is oriented to the right and the Niagara River is shown at east, but not labelled. Military Fort Erie and a store house are shown on the bank of the Niagara River. South of the fort the land is divided into lots and are identified by number or by land owners name. The plan is signed by authors: “Gother Mann Col. Commd. Rl. Engr. Quebec 30th June 1798” and “By order of the Commander in Chief (Signed) James Green (?) Secry”. The plan was also signed by Robert Prescott which marks it as being approved. Relief is shown by shading.
    • Port Dalhousie, situated at the termination of the Welland Canal, Lake Ontario

      Hawkins, William, 1807-1868 (1839)
      Historical map showing roads and buildings of Port Dalhousie, Village Dalhousie, Martindale Pond and the first Welland Canal. "Surveyed under the superintendance of Captain Mackenzie, R.E. by William Hawkins Dy. Survr. Jany 1839" Relief shown by shading and hachures. Depths shown by bathymetric soundings. Photoreproduction of the paper map by Public Archives Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 22720 by Map, Data & GIS Library, Brock University.