• That part of Canada now invaded by Fenians. 1866

      W. C. Chewett & Co. (1866)
      Map date: "June 2nd 1866" Scale [ca. 1:511,538] Digital reproduction of map (24 x 19 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 S68 S38 1866 W22 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The "Port Weller" original townsite, plan no.2. 1913

      Douglas G Ure & Sons (1913)
      Scale [ca. 1:1,200] "File #7139"--written in top right corner. Digital reproduction of map (64 x 54 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from negative version of Brock call# G 3464 S35 G45 1913 P67 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Buffalo, Depew and West Seneca power district. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Sheet 5 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University
    • The City of St. Catharines and vicinity

      S.A. Renouf Advertising (1932)
      Historical map showing street index, places of interest, businesses, cultural features, railroads, city and township boundaries, 'Old Welland Canal', legend.Scale [ca. 1:15,277]Map date: [1932]Digital reproduction of map (57 x 71 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1932 S37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Military Reserve at Fort Erie 1819

      A. Walpole; Henry Vavasour (1819)
      Historic map showing military Fort Erie, and surrounding area. North is oriented to the right and the Niagara River is located at east. Boundary of Military Reserve at Fort Erie lines are shown west of the Niagara River. “American Lines” are shown beginning at the fort, extending south to Snake Hill. Land south of the fort is divided into sections with buildings shown but not labelled. More military lines are shown further north. Forested areas and vegetation are shown and relief is shown with hachures. Map is signed: “Niagara April 19th 1819 A Walpole …”
    • The Military Reserve at Fort George

      Arthur Walpole; Henry Vavasour. (Niagara, 1819)
      Historic map showing Military Reserve land and fortification in Niagara (Niagara-on-the-Lake). North is oriented to the bottom right. The Niagara River is shown to the east of Niagara. Military bases including Fort George, Fort Mississaugua and Butler’s Barracks are shown. Both the ruins of Fort George and the rebuilt Fort George are present. Commandant Quarters, an Indian Council House, Navy Hall, and Engineer establishment are also marked. Old military lines and the boundary of military land are marked. Town boundaries are shown but no details are shown on the land that is not related to the military. Relief is shown by hachures.
    • The new "Master map", City of St. Catharines and suburban areas, including Grantham Township & Port Weller, Port Dalhousie, Thorold & Merritton

      Master Advertising Co. (Toronto, Ont.) (1959)
      Historical map showing street index, business directory, places of interest, miscellaneous and highway information, advertisements. Scale [1:21,120] Map date: 1959 Digital reproduction of map (85 x 65 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1959 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • The Niagara Frontier

      Sidney Hall; Francis Hall, d. 1833 (London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown, Paternoster Row,, 1818)
      Historical map showing towns, rivers, roads, indian tribal lands, "Canby Marsh".
    • The Niagara Frontier and Welland Canal

      R. H.(Richard Hugh) Stotherd, 1828-1895. Lieutenant Price, Royal Engineers (1862)
      Historic map showing “The Niagara Frontier”, situated south of Lake Ontario, north of Lake Erie and west of the United States. The Niagara River divides Canada and the United States. At the mouth of the Niagara River at Lake Ontario, Fort Mississagua (sic) in Canada and Fort Niagara in the U.S. can be seen. Further west along the shore of Lake Ontario, the town of Port Dalhousie is labelled. The Second Welland Canal can be seen extending from Port Dalhousie to Port Colborne. Fort Erie is shown at the mouth of the River at Lake Erie and is labelled: “Fort Erie (in Ruins)”. Other details on the map include towns, wooded areas, creeks, roads and railways. Some buildings are marked such as; inn’s, schools and churches. Relief is shown by shading.
    • The Niagara Peninsula. Ontario

      Geological Survey of Canada. ([Ottawa] : The Geological Survey of Canada, 1918)
      Historical map showing geological features, charts, illustrations, legend.
    • The Straits of Niagara Engraved for Darby’s Tour

      William Darby, 1775-1854.; W. Hooker ([New York : Kirk & Mercein,, 1819?)
      Historic map showing Upper Canada (the area of present day Niagara Falls and Queenston Heights). North is oriented to the right toward Lake Ontario, Lake Erie is shown at south. The American side of the river is shown on the east side of the Niagara River. The Niagara River is shown cutting through the land from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie. Also shown are various other hydrological features on both sides of the river. Place names, streets and significant buildings are marked. Forested areas are noted and land condition notes are also found at various points on the map. Grand Isle is shown at the centre of the river with notations about its size and features. The locations of War of 1812 battle grounds are marked at various points of the map. Relief is shown by hachures.
    • The Welland power district. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Scale: 1 inch to 1 mile. Geographic coverage between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Sheet 3 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University
    • [Thorold / Merritton oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      Oblique aerial photograph showing the 2nd Welland Canal's Neptune Staircase (Locks 19-21 climbing the escarpment), looking west toward Merritton.
    • [Thorold oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      3 oblique aerial photographs showing views of the 1st and 2nd Welland Canal in Thorold.
    • Thorold, Ont. 1893 [Fire Insurance Plan]

      Goad, Charles E. (Chas E. Goad, 1887/1893)
      Map showing streets, street numbers, lot numbers, buildings, construction detail, parks, schools, churches, public and private buildings.
    • Topographic Map of the Niagara Gorge

      U.S. Geological Survey; Geological Survey of Canada. ([Washington?] : U.S. Geological Survey,, 1913)
      Historic map showing the Niagara Gorge. North is oriented to the top. The Niagara River and Niagara Falls are shown with Canada to the west of the river and the United States to the east. The border line running through the centre of the river is indicated. Major roadways, transportation routes including railways, and hydrological features are shown. Buildings are also shown but not labelled, with the exception of some major buildings such as; schools, city hall’s, libraries, armouries and rail road stations. Relief is shown by contours and spot heights.
    • Topographical map of the country lying between Allanburgh and Port Dalhousie shewing the position of the new Welland Canal, its locks, weirs, basins, and other works

      Thomas Monro; John Page, 1815-1890; Public Archives of Canada; Burland Lithographic Co. (Montreal : Burland Lithographic Co.,, 1879)
      Historical map showing routes of Second and Third Welland Canal, escarpment, ravines of creeks, rivers, weirs, supply basins, raceways, and position of locks on the third Canal, concession and lot numbers, landowners names, townships.
    • Topographical map of the country lying between Allanburgh and Port Dalhousie shewing the position of the new Welland Canal, its locks, weirs, basins, and other works

      Monro, Thomas.; Montreal : Burland Lithographic Co., 1879. (1879)
      Historic map showing the routes of the Second and Third Welland Canal as well as supply basins, raceways, weirs and the position of the locks on the Third Canal. North is oriented to the right. “Sheet “C”” is typed at the head of the title. A notation below the title reads: “Reduced from Surveys made in 1870-1”. Also shown on the map are townships, the escarpment, ravines, creeks, and roads. Port Dalhousie is shown at Lake Ontario. The light house is labelled as is the harbor, Welland Raceway Terminus and the entrance lock to the Welland Canal. The Welland Railway line is shown going from Port Dalhousie, through St. Catharines to Allanburg. Concessions and lots are shown, some labelled with numbers and some with landowner’s names. Beaverdams Creek and a St. Catharines Water Works reservoir are shown south-west of St. Catharines. Relief is shown by shading. Handwritten on verso: "H2/410 - Welland Canal - 1879".
    • Topographical map of the country lying between Thorold and Port Dalhousie shewing located line of enlarged Welland Canal

      Thomas Monroe (1873?)
      Historic map showing a section of Niagara from Port Dalhousie to Thorold with north oriented toward the right. Text below the title reads: “Reduced from Plan of Surveys made in 1870-1”. Handwritten text below the scale, by the author, reads: "Thorold, 22 Aug. 1873. Thomas Monro." The map shows the Second and Third Welland Canals, beginning at the harbor in Port Dalhousie, travelling to Thorold. Also shown are main roads, creeks, ravines, concession and lot numbers. The Great Western Railway line runs from east to west and the Welland Railway from north to south. The Township of Grantham, St. Catharines, The Township of Stamford and the Township of Thorold are labelled. Handwritten markings in blue pencil are at multiple places along the canal. Handwritten on bottom right corner of map: “R 410 – Welland Canal – 1873 From Ms Div. Sept. 23/1960.” Stamp on verso: "Map Division, Aug 26 1969, Public Archives of Canada." And “New Welland Canal 440”. Handwritten on verso: 4/410 - New Welland Canal - 1873, Topo plan - C 93.
    • Topographical map of the country lying between Thorold and Port Dalhousie shewing located line of enlarged Welland Canal

      Thomas Monro
      Historical map showing lines of the Second and Third Welland Canal from Thorold to Port Dalhousie harbour, line of escarpment, main roads, railways, creek ravines, lot and concession numbers, landowners names, townships. Map date: 1873. Digital reproduction of map LAC e011168609 in the Public Archives of Canada. Relief shown by shading Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.