• Map and street guide, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

      Pathfinder Maps Inc. (1964)
      Historical map showing street, transportation, cultural and recreational features, street numbering, ground cover, points of interest, indexes, legend. Scale [ca. 1:12,000] Map date: 1964. Digital reproduction of map (95 x 55 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1964 P3 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of a part of the Niagara River and Plan of the proposed Harbor at Black Rock

      William A. Bird, 1796-1878 ([Albany, N.Y.] : Balch, Rawdon & Co. [Engraver/Printer], 1829)
      Historic map showing the Niagara River between “Squaw Island” currently known as Grand Island, and Lake Erie. North is oriented to the right. On the Canadian side of Lake Erie, south-west of the Niagara River is Fort Erie and Towsons Battery. On the opposite, south-east side is Buffalo Creek and a canal. In the mouth of the Niagara River is Bird Island. A line can be seen running from Squaw Island to Bird Island with a label “Experiment Pier”. East of the river are two portions of land. The northern portion is labelled: “Lower Village of Black Rock owned by Individuals” and the southern portion is labelled: “Upper Village of Black Rock owned by the State of N. York.” Another waterway is shown running east from the river at Squaw Island and is labelled: “Scoy-d hu-quad-ies Cr.” and there is a canal on the main land adjacent to the northern tip of the island extending north. Relief is shown by hachures. Handwritten text at the bottom of the map reads: “Taken from State Papers P.6. 1829.”
    • Map of Niagara Peninsula, Province of Ontario

      C. Tarling & Co., Map Mounters. (Toronto : C. Torling & Co., Map Mounters,, 1929)
      Historic map of the Niagara Peninsula with north oriented to the top toward Lake Ontario. Text below the title reads: “Including Lincoln and Welland Counties Complete & Part of Wentworth and Haldimand Counties.” The Niagara Peninsula is shown with the following county divisions: Wentworth, Lincoln, Haldimand and Welland. Towns and cities are divided into concessions and lots, labelled numerically or with roman numerals. The cities and towns shown are as follows: Saltfleet, Grimsby north and south, Clinton, Louth, Grantham, Niagara, Binbrook, Caistor, Gainsborough, Pelham, Thorold, Stamford (Niagara Falls), Seneca, Cansborough, Wainfleet, Crowland, Willoughby, Cayuga north and south, Dunn, Moulton, Humberstone, and Bertie. Roads, railway lines (steam and electric), and the Welland Canal are indicated. Schools and some prominent buildings are marked. A legend is present in the top right corner of the map.
    • [Map of Niagara River and Grand River] - part 1. 1815

      J. Bates (1815?)
      Scale [ca. 1:180,000] Oriented with north to the bottom. Watermark: 'J Bates 1812' Relief shown by hachures. 'Map of Grand River &c. Map of River Niagara &c. &c.'' - title used in 'Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1867' / Joan Winearls. Digital reproduction of map (33 x 80 cm) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 N53 1815 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • [Map of Niagara River and Grand River] - part 2. 1815

      J. Bates (1815?)
      Scale [ca. 1:180,000] Oriented with north to the bottom. Watermark: 'J Bates 1812' Relief shown by hacures.'Map of Grand River &c. Map of River Niagara &c. &c.' - title used in 'Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1867' / Joan Winearls. Digital reproduction of map (33 x 80 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 N53 1815 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of Niagara River at the City of Buffalo Shewing proposed Bridge Crossings & Ship Canal

      Maclear & Co. (Toronto, [On.] : Maclear & Co. Liths,, 1858?)
      Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River beginning at Lake Erie and ending at Squaw Island. North is indicated with a compass arrow. Black Rock Harbour is shown to the East of Squaw Island and the Niagara River. The proposed Welland Ship Canal route is shown on the British side of the river with a text notation: “Ship Canal proposed as compensation for the destruction of River Navigation.” Buffalo, the Erie Canal and Buffalo Harbour are shown on the American side of the river. Depth is shown by soundings. Channel widths are also noted and the direction of water flow is indicated with arrows. Two river crossings are shown and are labelled: “Site of Bridge No. 1” north of Fort Erie, and “Site of Bridge No. 2” at Fort Erie. At the mouth of the Niagara River is a section labelled: “Horse Shoe Reef” with a notation: “Flashing Light erected under Treaty.”
    • Map of part of Canada West shewing the Niagara & Detroit Rivers Railway

      1858?
      Historical map showing boundary, road and transportation features.
    • Map of part of the Niagara River and place of the proposed harbour at Black Rock

      Historical map showing ferry crossings, pier, canals, Fort Erie, US side indicates upper and lower village of Black Rock. Geographic coverage from Lake Erie to Squaw Island. Digital reproduction of map (7 1/4 x 12 in.) in National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 3173 by Map, Data & GIS Library, Brock University.
    • [Map of the City of Niagara Falls Canada]

      F.H. Leslie, Limited (1938?)
      Historical map showing streets, transportation, tourist and cultural features. Include a numbered index of 40 local places.Title for folded cover. Relief shown by hachures.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the City of St. Catharines

      St. Catharines. City Engineer's Office (St. Catharines City Engineer's Office, 1911?)
      Historical map showing roads, city planning, growth, new subdivisions.Digital reproduction of map 66 x 11 cm. "City Engineer's Office, St. Catharines" in margin.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the City of St. Catharines

      Videki, Jos. (City of St. Catharines. Office of the City Engineer., 1956)
      Historical map showing city boundary, road, hydrological and transportation features.
    • Map of the Counties of Haldimand & Welland

      Canada. Dept. of Public Works (1858?)
      Historical map showing the boundaries of Haldimand and Welland Counties, which are situated between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Town boundaries within each county are indicated and labelled. Names of some of the towns have been handwritten in rather than typewritten. The locations of various waterways such as the Niagara River and Grand River are shown, as well as a railroad, however none are labelled.
    • Map of the District of Niagara, Accompanied by Explanations of Water Communications

      1849
      Historic map showing the Niagara District with north oriented to the top at Lake Ontario. The map shows town boundaries, the route of the Second Welland Canal and other hydrological features. Of note is a proposed military road that is shown with a dotted line from Hamilton to Fort Erie. One spot on the map, Port Robinson where Chippawa Creek meets the Welland Canal, has been circled. Also, “Welland” has been hand written in the area of Crowland and Humberstone. Text at the right of the map provides “Explanations (Water Communications)” which provide further detail about they hydrological features and significant roads. Written in pencil on both sides: H3/407 1849.
    • Map of the Niagara District in Upper Canada

      W.A. Nesfield (1815)
      Historical map showing the Niagara District in Upper Canada, a section of land located between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Lincoln and Haldimand Counties are shown as well as the London District. Towns, villages, roads, bodies of water and waterways are labelled. Also shown on the map are Indian lands, forts such as Fort Niagara, Fort George and Fort Drummond, battle sites, and paths. Some houses are indicated with red markings and includes settlers names. The Niagara Escarpment is indicated with hachures and a road running at the top of the escarpment is labeled: “Road cut by Governor Simcoe.” Niagara Falls as well as the rapids north of Grand Island. Relief is shown by shading. Title information and a legend are in the bottom right corner. Text below the title reads: “by Lieutenant W A Nesfield drawn partly from Survey & from documents obtained from the Q: Mr. Gen.ls Department.”
    • Map of the Niagara District showing the various cuts proposed for the Welland Canal, with a table of distances

      Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle, 1791-1847. (1837)
      Historic map of the Niagara District showing Lake Ontario in the north and Lake Erie in the south and the Niagara River in the east. The First and Second Welland Canals are shown complete with Feeder Canal and an extension to Port Colborne. The map also shows the proposed cut to Port Maitland from the Feeder Canal, as well as rivers, creeks, and settlements. All of the town boundaries are shown and labelled. The escarpment is shown with hachures. The bottom left corner of the map has a diagram titled: “the Canal according to the present Levels.” and shows a scale of miles. The top right corner has a table of distances, indicating the distance to specific places via the Welland Canal and Feeder Canal.
    • Map of the Niagara, Gore, and Wellington Districts (including also the Southern Front of the Home District,) Canada.

      C. Rankin; Hall & Mooney (Toronto, Ont., 1845)
      Historic map “compiled from the township plans in the Surveyor Genl’s office”, completed in June, 1845. The map shows a section of the region in Southern Ontario known today as the Golden Horseshoe, which sits to the west of Lake Ontario, stretching south to Lake Erie. Niagara, Gore and Wellington districts are shown. Town and city boundaries are mapped with survey grids. Lots and concessions are labelled with numbers. Hydrological features and roads are also shown. Relief is shown by shading. A note at the left side of the map describes the Welland Canal, principal roads, villages other than those marked on the map and explains irregularly divided parcels of land which have not numbered.
    • Map of the proposed canal through the District of Niagara and Gore to form a junction of Lakes Erie and Ontario by the Grand River

      James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862 (1823?)
      Historical map showing the Niagara Peninsula with proposed routes of the First Welland Canal. Routes go to Niagara River, Hamilton and various places along the Grand River. Some main roads, towns, rivers and creeks shown.Digital reproduction of map in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada.Relief shown by shading.Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 19506 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the road from Queenston to Sixteen Mile Creek

      Francis Hall (1838)
      Note: Title used in accompanying material received with CD-ROM: [Map of the road running from Queenston to St. Davids and St. Catharines and through to Sixteen Mile Creek.]
    • Map of the Town of Merritton. 1900?

      Marten, Harold (Harold Marten, 1900)
      Map showing streets, boundaries, railroads, the 2nd Welland Canal with its locks, weirs and ponds.
    • Map of the town of St. Catharines, Canada West

      Marcus Smith, 1815-1904. ([S.l.] : Marcus Smith,, 1852)
      Historical map of the Town of St. Catharines, Canada West, 1852. Below the title is a paragraph describing St. Catharines, the importance of the Welland Canal, historical facts about its engineering and the vessels that passed through it at that time. The section of St. Catharines shown on the map includes St. Thomas’ Ward and St. Georges Ward. The first and second Welland Canals as well as locks 3-6 are shown. 12 Mile Creek and Dicks Creek are visible, both of which connect to the Welland Canal. Streets are labelled and lots are labelled with the name of the land owner. Some lots have visible lot numbers as well as buildings. Of importance are sections of land labelled as being owned by some of the prominent founding citizens of St. Catharines, including: Honourable William H. Merritt, Lewis Shikaluna [sic], Thomas R. Merritt, James R. Benson, Calvin Phelps, Elias S. Adams, Jacob Hainer, and J. P. Merritt. Lots and concessions are labelled without land owners indicated on the parcels of land surrounding the more populated section of St. Catharines. Road allowances are labelled at the north, south and west sides of the town. The Great Western Railway is shown at the south-west corner. A compass rose at the right side of the map indicates north. Text at the bottom left of the map indicates that it was lithographed at: “A. Kollner’s Lithc. Establt. Phila.” Relief is shown by hachures and landform drawings.