• Index map, new Welland Canal

      Brittain, J.B. (1916)
      Historical map showing the Second and Third Welland Canal with their locks, sections, tunnel and bridge. Includes lot and concession numbers, township boundaries, railways, major roads. Scale [ca. 1:30,480] Map date: 1916. Digital reproduction of map (70 x 264 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3462 W45 1916 B75 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Johnson's Canada West

      Alvin Jewett Johnson (1827-1884) (New York : A.J. Johnson, 1867)
      Historic map showing of “Canada West” (present day Ontario). The map shows the southern portion of Ontario surrounded by Lakes Huron, Erie and Ontario. Boundaries, roads and transportation routes are shown. Towns and cities are labelled as are waterways, lakes and ports. An inset map titled: “Niagara River and Vicinity” shows a magnified section of Niagara, Lincoln, Welland and New York.
    • Lincoln and Welland Counties, Ont.

      Scarborough Company (Scarborough Company, 1907)
      Historical map showing boundary, road and transportation features, lot and concession numbers, school houses, the line of the Third Welland Canal.
    • Louth. 1876

      Page, H.R. (H.R. Page, 1876)
      Map showing lot numbers with landowners' names, roads, railroads, battle fields identified with symbol.
    • Lower Rapids of the Grand or Ouse River, Plan 2

      Portlock, J.E. (Royal Engineers, 1820)
      Reproduction of plan of the Grand River, Haldimand County (later renamed “Ouse River” by John Graves Simcoe) showing a section of rivers reach. The drawing details trees and vegetation which line the river as well as minimalistic artistic renderings of topography. At various locations within the river are notations indicating significant features, depth of the water or expanse of the river. Following the northern side of the river, a road or footpath is indicated with a dotted line. Other notations are made on some of the adjacent land masses. Two four-point compass roses have been drawn beneath the river indicating North.
    • Map and street guide, St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

      Pathfinder Maps Inc. (1964)
      Historical map showing street, transportation, cultural and recreational features, street numbering, ground cover, points of interest, indexes, legend. Scale [ca. 1:12,000] Map date: 1964. Digital reproduction of map (95 x 55 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1964 P3 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of a part of the Niagara River and Plan of the proposed Harbor at Black Rock

      William A. Bird, 1796-1878 ([Albany, N.Y.] : Balch, Rawdon & Co. [Engraver/Printer], 1829)
      Historic map showing the Niagara River between “Squaw Island” currently known as Grand Island, and Lake Erie. North is oriented to the right. On the Canadian side of Lake Erie, south-west of the Niagara River is Fort Erie and Towsons Battery. On the opposite, south-east side is Buffalo Creek and a canal. In the mouth of the Niagara River is Bird Island. A line can be seen running from Squaw Island to Bird Island with a label “Experiment Pier”. East of the river are two portions of land. The northern portion is labelled: “Lower Village of Black Rock owned by Individuals” and the southern portion is labelled: “Upper Village of Black Rock owned by the State of N. York.” Another waterway is shown running east from the river at Squaw Island and is labelled: “Scoy-d hu-quad-ies Cr.” and there is a canal on the main land adjacent to the northern tip of the island extending north. Relief is shown by hachures. Handwritten text at the bottom of the map reads: “Taken from State Papers P.6. 1829.”
    • Map of Niagara Peninsula, Province of Ontario

      C. Tarling & Co., Map Mounters. (Toronto : C. Torling & Co., Map Mounters,, 1929)
      Historic map of the Niagara Peninsula with north oriented to the top toward Lake Ontario. Text below the title reads: “Including Lincoln and Welland Counties Complete & Part of Wentworth and Haldimand Counties.” The Niagara Peninsula is shown with the following county divisions: Wentworth, Lincoln, Haldimand and Welland. Towns and cities are divided into concessions and lots, labelled numerically or with roman numerals. The cities and towns shown are as follows: Saltfleet, Grimsby north and south, Clinton, Louth, Grantham, Niagara, Binbrook, Caistor, Gainsborough, Pelham, Thorold, Stamford (Niagara Falls), Seneca, Cansborough, Wainfleet, Crowland, Willoughby, Cayuga north and south, Dunn, Moulton, Humberstone, and Bertie. Roads, railway lines (steam and electric), and the Welland Canal are indicated. Schools and some prominent buildings are marked. A legend is present in the top right corner of the map.
    • [Map of Niagara River and Grand River] - part 1. 1815

      J. Bates (1815?)
      Scale [ca. 1:180,000] Oriented with north to the bottom. Watermark: 'J Bates 1812' Relief shown by hachures. 'Map of Grand River &c. Map of River Niagara &c. &c.'' - title used in 'Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1867' / Joan Winearls. Digital reproduction of map (33 x 80 cm) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 N53 1815 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • [Map of Niagara River and Grand River] - part 2. 1815

      J. Bates (1815?)
      Scale [ca. 1:180,000] Oriented with north to the bottom. Watermark: 'J Bates 1812' Relief shown by hacures.'Map of Grand River &c. Map of River Niagara &c. &c.' - title used in 'Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1867' / Joan Winearls. Digital reproduction of map (33 x 80 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3462 N53 1815 M37 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of Niagara River at the City of Buffalo Shewing proposed Bridge Crossings & Ship Canal

      Maclear & Co. (Toronto, [On.] : Maclear & Co. Liths,, 1858?)
      Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River beginning at Lake Erie and ending at Squaw Island. North is indicated with a compass arrow. Black Rock Harbour is shown to the East of Squaw Island and the Niagara River. The proposed Welland Ship Canal route is shown on the British side of the river with a text notation: “Ship Canal proposed as compensation for the destruction of River Navigation.” Buffalo, the Erie Canal and Buffalo Harbour are shown on the American side of the river. Depth is shown by soundings. Channel widths are also noted and the direction of water flow is indicated with arrows. Two river crossings are shown and are labelled: “Site of Bridge No. 1” north of Fort Erie, and “Site of Bridge No. 2” at Fort Erie. At the mouth of the Niagara River is a section labelled: “Horse Shoe Reef” with a notation: “Flashing Light erected under Treaty.”
    • Map of part of Canada West shewing the Niagara & Detroit Rivers Railway

      1858?
      Historical map showing boundary, road and transportation features.
    • Map of part of the Niagara River and place of the proposed harbour at Black Rock

      Historical map showing ferry crossings, pier, canals, Fort Erie, US side indicates upper and lower village of Black Rock. Geographic coverage from Lake Erie to Squaw Island. Digital reproduction of map (7 1/4 x 12 in.) in National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 3173 by Map, Data & GIS Library, Brock University.
    • [Map of the City of Niagara Falls Canada]

      F.H. Leslie, Limited (1938?)
      Historical map showing streets, transportation, tourist and cultural features. Include a numbered index of 40 local places.Title for folded cover. Relief shown by hachures.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the City of St. Catharines

      St. Catharines. City Engineer's Office (St. Catharines City Engineer's Office, 1911?)
      Historical map showing roads, city planning, growth, new subdivisions.Digital reproduction of map 66 x 11 cm. "City Engineer's Office, St. Catharines" in margin.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the City of St. Catharines

      Videki, Jos. (City of St. Catharines. Office of the City Engineer., 1956)
      Historical map showing city boundary, road, hydrological and transportation features.
    • Map of the Counties of Haldimand & Welland

      Canada. Dept. of Public Works (1858?)
      Historical map showing the boundaries of Haldimand and Welland Counties, which are situated between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. Town boundaries within each county are indicated and labelled. Names of some of the towns have been handwritten in rather than typewritten. The locations of various waterways such as the Niagara River and Grand River are shown, as well as a railroad, however none are labelled.
    • Map of the District of Niagara, Accompanied by Explanations of Water Communications

      1849
      Historic map showing the Niagara District with north oriented to the top at Lake Ontario. The map shows town boundaries, the route of the Second Welland Canal and other hydrological features. Of note is a proposed military road that is shown with a dotted line from Hamilton to Fort Erie. One spot on the map, Port Robinson where Chippawa Creek meets the Welland Canal, has been circled. Also, “Welland” has been hand written in the area of Crowland and Humberstone. Text at the right of the map provides “Explanations (Water Communications)” which provide further detail about they hydrological features and significant roads. Written in pencil on both sides: H3/407 1849.
    • Map of the Niagara District in Upper Canada

      W.A. Nesfield (1815)
      Historical map showing the Niagara District in Upper Canada, a section of land located between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Lincoln and Haldimand Counties are shown as well as the London District. Towns, villages, roads, bodies of water and waterways are labelled. Also shown on the map are Indian lands, forts such as Fort Niagara, Fort George and Fort Drummond, battle sites, and paths. Some houses are indicated with red markings and includes settlers names. The Niagara Escarpment is indicated with hachures and a road running at the top of the escarpment is labeled: “Road cut by Governor Simcoe.” Niagara Falls as well as the rapids north of Grand Island. Relief is shown by shading. Title information and a legend are in the bottom right corner. Text below the title reads: “by Lieutenant W A Nesfield drawn partly from Survey & from documents obtained from the Q: Mr. Gen.ls Department.”
    • Map of the Niagara District showing the various cuts proposed for the Welland Canal, with a table of distances

      Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle, 1791-1847. (1837)
      Historic map of the Niagara District showing Lake Ontario in the north and Lake Erie in the south and the Niagara River in the east. The First and Second Welland Canals are shown complete with Feeder Canal and an extension to Port Colborne. The map also shows the proposed cut to Port Maitland from the Feeder Canal, as well as rivers, creeks, and settlements. All of the town boundaries are shown and labelled. The escarpment is shown with hachures. The bottom left corner of the map has a diagram titled: “the Canal according to the present Levels.” and shows a scale of miles. The top right corner has a table of distances, indicating the distance to specific places via the Welland Canal and Feeder Canal.