• Bridgewater Mills, 1807

      1807
      Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River and a section of land near the Fort Erie reserve on the British side of the river. Oriented with north to the right, as indicated by a compass arrow. Eddy and current speeds are noted on the Niagara River. Old and new ferry routes are shown from Black Rock in the United States across the river to the British side are shown. Also indicated on the British side are handwritten points of interest along the river, including various inn’s, stores, and dwellings. Mills, a dam and an old mill race are labelled. The entrance to Lake Erie is labelled to the south.
    • [Buildings of downtown St. Catharines]

      Author, Unknown (unknown, 1939)
      Map showing downtown area street names and buildings,use of the buildings' structure and condition.
    • Canada, Niagara Verification Plan

      Surveyed by F. F. Passmore; Verified by Berdoe A. Wilkinson and; Nelson Walker (1853)
      Historic map showing of the Township of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake). North is oriented at the bottom right toward Lake Ontario. Text below the title describes the map as follows: “Shewing the Boundaries as marked on the ground, of the Military Reserves belonging to the Ordnance, in the Township of Niagara, County of Lincoln, Canada West, as Surveyed by Mr. F.F. Passmore-Prov’l Land Surveyor, between the months of February & June 1852, & verified by Lieu’t Berdoe A. Wilkinson, Rl. Eng’rs, & Mr. Nelson Walker, Surv’r & Dfts. Rl. Engin’r Dept.” Signatures of Surveyors date the map in 1853. Below the title text is a table of contents, reference legend and scale. Further notations are made at various points on the map. The map shows boundaries, streets, lots and concessions labelled by numbers or with the owner’s name. Some are granted lots, labelled with the grantees name. The Mississagua (sic) reserve and Fort Mississagua are shown adjacent to Lake Ontario at the mouth of the Niagara River. Further east is the Ruins of Fort George and a portion of land with buildings and a pond labelled: “Dock Company Land.” The southern section of the map shows Garrison Reserve land and Butlers Barracks. An inset plan shows details of Fort Mississagua at a scale of one chain to one inch. The top left corner of the map includes notations about the map and historical information about Fort George and the battle during the War of 1812 where Sir Isaac Brock fell. Further notations detail barrack accommodations at Niagara.
    • Canada, Queenston

      William Hawkins, 1807-1868. (1854)
      Historic map showing the Village of Queenston, which sits on the west bank of the Niagara River within the County of Lincoln, Township of Niagara. Subtitle text reads as follows: “Plan shewing the Boundaries as marked, on the ground, of the Military Reserve belonging to the Ordnance, at the Village of Queenston, Township of Niagara, County of Lincoln, Canada West, as Surveyed by Mr. William Hawkins, Provincial Land Surveyor, in the months of Decr, 1853 & Jany and February 1854.” Below this text is a table of contents, reference table, scale charts and a textual description of the map. North is oriented to the right.
    • Catlin’s Survey & Model of NIAGARA in the year 1827

      Catlin, George, 1796-1872; G. J. Poore and Co lighogr L'pool 1827. (1827)
      Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the bottom Upper Canada (present day Ontario) is shown to the west of the river and the State of New York at the east. A road to Buffalo and Chippewa is shown at the southernmost portion of the map. Text within the river, above Horse Shoe Falls, reads: “Descent of Water in the RAPIDS.” Also included are distances across the river and notes on the heights and depths of the two falls. Transportation routes, ferry routes, place names, islands, forest and some buildings are indicated. At the north-west corner, adjacent to Lundy’s Lane is a notation related to the War of 1812: “Battle of Bridgewater, July 20th, 1814”.
    • Chart of Lake Ontario

      Edward M. Hodder; W. F. W. Owen, 1774-1857; Lieut. William Herbert Fitz; A. Ford; W. C. Chewett & Co. (Toronto, On. : W. C. Chewett & Co.,, 1863)
      Historic map showing hydrological features of Lake Ontario. North is oriented to the top of the page. Sub-title text reads as follows: “Compiled from Surveys made by Capt. Owen & Lieut. Herbert, R.N. and Capt. A. Ford, U.S.N. with the Harbours and Ports of the Lake Surveyed by Edward M. Hodder, Esqre M.D. Commodore of the Royal Canadian Yacht Club.” Light houses are marked and a legend differentiates between lights that are white, red or revolving. Notations are made along the shore indicating geological materials of the water bed, such as: clay, stones, smooth rock, flat rock, and shoal. Islands, bays and points are also labelled. The Grand Trunk Railway runs along the north side of the lake and the Watertown and Rome Railway runs from north to south along the east side of the lake.
    • City of St. Catharines : census tracts 1966

      1966
      Historical map showing numbered census tract boundaries. Map date: 1966 Digital reproduction of map in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • City of St. Catharines Ontario

      Graphic Publishers (Canada) (1952)
      Historical map showing boundary, transportation and cultural features, index to street names and places of interest, legend.Scale [ca. 1:13,593]Map date: [1952]Digital reproduction of map (52 x 70 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 1952 G73 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • City of St. Catharines residential density

      S. Nagel (1961)
      Historical map showing residential density (population per net acre), roads, transportation and hydrological features. Scale: 1000 feet = 1 inch. Drawn by S. Nagel. Digital reproduction of map (88 x 95 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 G44 1961 S35 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Copy of Part of P.L.S. Kirkpatrick’s Plan of Grimsby (Marked “B 8”)

      Canada. Crown Lands Dept.; George Brownly Kirkpatrick (Toronto : Crown Lands Dept.,, 1858)
      Historic plan showing a portion of the town of Grimsby showing lots and concessions. Lots are labelled by number and concession survey lines are labelled with the surveyors’ names. Plan is signed by Andrew Russell, Assist. Commissioner indicating it is a “certified true copy”.
    • (Copy) of part of Map showing the Welland Canal between Locks 24 & 25 as also part of the Village of Thorold.

      Edward Gardiner
      Historical map of the Welland Canal, locks 24 and 25, showing streets (Front St., Mills St., Albert St.), landowner names, measurement and the canal lock features. Scale: 1 inch to 50 feet. Digital reproduction of map (10 x 21 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library & Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from LAC e011168608 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • County of Haldimand, Ontario

      Miles and Company, Toronto. (1877)
      Historical map showing lot and concession numbers, place names, railroads, ward boundaries and county boundaries. Scale 2 1/2 miles per inch.Map date: 1879. Map is page 21 of the Atlas of the province of Ontario by counties / published by Miles and Company, Toronto. Digital reproduction of map (25 x 40 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3464 S35 1879 M55 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University. (verso map)
    • County of Lincoln : County seat - St. Catharines

      Dept. of Highways, Ontario. (1964)
      Historical map showing boundaries, major roads, lot and concession numbers, railways and populated areas. Map date: Drawn 1963, Revised 1964 Digital reproduction of map (58 x 100 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3462 S68 Lincoln, by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • County of Welland : County seat - Welland

      Dept. of Highways, Ontario. (1964)
      Historical map showing boundaries, roads, populated places, railways, lots and concessions. Map date: Drawn 1963, Revised 1964. Digital reproduction of map (69 x 96 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3462 S68 Welland by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • County of Welland. 1968

      Welland County Engineer (Welland County Engineer, 1968)
      Map showing road jurisdiction, boundaries, populated area, lots and concessions, legend.
    • [Downtown St. Catharines oblique aerial photographs. 1920]

      McCarthy Aero Service Limited, 1920
      Oblique aerial photographs showing north view of downtown St. Catharines, the 2nd Welland Canal valley, including the Glenridge Bridge.
    • Eastern Ontario and Western New York power districts. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Map date: 1906 Scale: 2 miles to 1 inch. Sheet 2 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Geographic coverage of the Niagara Peninsula east of the Welland Canal, and areas west of Lockport and Buffalo, N.Y. Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Environs of Niagara Falls, showing Crown Reserve and claim of James Windeat, 1841

      1841
      Historic map showing a portion of Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the right. This map is crudely sketched. The Niagara River is shown with the falls indicated with hachures. A portion of military reserve land from Chippewa is shown running along the west side of the river. The land is roughly broken into lots and some roads are shown and labelled. The “Ontario House” hotel and the “Pavillion Hotel” are marked as is a museum. Goat Island is shown within the river. A handwritten notation at the bottom left reads: “Taken from Land Petitions Wl. 63 1841.” Relief is shown by landform drawings.
    • Evolution of the City of St. Catharines, 1906 to 1916

      St. Catharines, Ont. : Planning Board, 1959
      Maps showing the evolution from 1906 to 1916, population, urban growth, note, legend.Scale [ca.1:10,359]Map date: [1959?]Digital reproduction of map (57 x 72 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 S1 1959 E86 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Evolution of the City of St. Catharines, 1916 to 1926

      St. Catharines, Ont. : Planning Board, 1959
      Maps showing the evolution from 1916 to 1926, population, urban growth, note, legend.Scale [ca.1:10,359]Map date: [1959?]Digital reproduction of map (57 x 72 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 S35 S1 1959 E86 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.