• A plan of the position of Queenston

      John Alexander; Henry Vavasour (1818)
      Historical map showing the plan of the Village of Queenston. It shows roads, boundaries of fields, relief, treed areas, ravines, wharfs, buildings, barracks, and the fuel yard. There is a note of the ‘position where Brock fell'.[signed] John Alexander, Lieut, Ryl. Engrs. and Henry Vavasour, Comg. Ryl. Engrs.Relief shown by hachures and shading.Geographic coverage from Niagara River to Village of St. Davids.Digital reproduction of map (76 x 87 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada.Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 22750 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Canada, Niagara Verification Plan

      Surveyed by F. F. Passmore; Verified by Berdoe A. Wilkinson and; Nelson Walker (1853)
      Historic map showing of the Township of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake). North is oriented at the bottom right toward Lake Ontario. Text below the title describes the map as follows: “Shewing the Boundaries as marked on the ground, of the Military Reserves belonging to the Ordnance, in the Township of Niagara, County of Lincoln, Canada West, as Surveyed by Mr. F.F. Passmore-Prov’l Land Surveyor, between the months of February & June 1852, & verified by Lieu’t Berdoe A. Wilkinson, Rl. Eng’rs, & Mr. Nelson Walker, Surv’r & Dfts. Rl. Engin’r Dept.” Signatures of Surveyors date the map in 1853. Below the title text is a table of contents, reference legend and scale. Further notations are made at various points on the map. The map shows boundaries, streets, lots and concessions labelled by numbers or with the owner’s name. Some are granted lots, labelled with the grantees name. The Mississagua (sic) reserve and Fort Mississagua are shown adjacent to Lake Ontario at the mouth of the Niagara River. Further east is the Ruins of Fort George and a portion of land with buildings and a pond labelled: “Dock Company Land.” The southern section of the map shows Garrison Reserve land and Butlers Barracks. An inset plan shows details of Fort Mississagua at a scale of one chain to one inch. The top left corner of the map includes notations about the map and historical information about Fort George and the battle during the War of 1812 where Sir Isaac Brock fell. Further notations detail barrack accommodations at Niagara.
    • Map of the Villages of Niagara Falls, & Niagara City, New York : The Village of Elgin and the City of the Falls, Canada West

      Boston : J.H. Hufford's Lith., 1854?
      Historical map showing Niagara Falls, New York located to the east of the Niagara River and Canada West (now Ontario), to the west of the Niagara River. A dotted line runs through the centre of the Niagara River indicating the “National Boundary”. On the Canadian side of the river, the “City of the Falls”, current City of Niagara Falls, and Elgin are shown with main streets labelled as well as ownership of lots noted be last name. Streets and subdivisions are shown as well as. The Canadian and American Falls are labelled along with Goat Island and Bath Islands, which sit at the top of the falls in the river. The Erie and Ontario Rail Road is also indicated, running from the United States, over a bridge crossing the Niagara river and continuing north through Niagara Falls. Relief of the Niagara Gorge and Niagara Escarpment are shown with hachures and shading.