• Louth. 1876

      Page, H.R. (H.R. Page, 1876)
      Map showing lot numbers with landowners' names, roads, railroads, battle fields identified with symbol.
    • Niagara [Township]. 1789

      Jones, Augustus (Augustus Jones, 1789)
      Map showing land ownership, concession and lot numbers. Includes additional numbers and comments printed or written in the margin and in the river and lake sections.
    • No. V, Upper Canada Plan of Niagara

      A. Gray; Sir James Kempt, 1764-1854 (Quebec : Q.M. Genls Office, 1810)
      Historic map showing the town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake), Fort George, and Fort Niagara, with Lake Ontario shown in the north and the Niagara River in the east. Handwritten text reads: “by A. Gray, Asst. Qr. Mr. Genl. Quebec 20eth Novr. 1810. This Plan is from a Trigonometrical Survey by Lieut: Gray [Sgd] Q.M. Genls Office Quebec 1st June 1811 James Kempt Q. M. Genl N. America.” The Latitude and Longitude of Fort George as well as a legend are written on the map. The map shows buildings in the town, some of which are named, including: Presbyterian Church, John Seacord’s (sic) Farm, Col. Butler’s property, an English Church and burying ground, a courthouse and prison, Indian Council House and various Inn’s. Buildings, work yards and military buildings are shown along the Niagara river. Trees, forested areas, roads, creeks and rivers are shown, most of which are not labelled. Relief is shown in shading.
    • Plan Shewing the Survey of the Military Reserve at Niagara, 1831

      James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862; (1831)
      Historic map of military reserve land in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Lake Ontario and the Niagara River are shown at the north side of the land. The map shows lots, some of which are labelled by lot number, size or landowner name. Some lots are unlabelled. Some streets are named. Buildings and military yards are shown, such as: hospital, Navy Hall, fuel yard, engineers yard and guard house. Fort George and Fort Mississauga are both located at the north side of the town close to the bodies of water. There are three portions of land labelled A, B, C. Reference text indicates these portions are reserved for military purposes. Further text next to the reference information reads as follows: “Surveyed by Order of His Excellency the Lieutenant Governor Reserve exchanged for Land at Missisauga [sic] Fort”. Relief is shown in shading.