Browsing Historical Maps of Niagara by Subject "towns"
Now showing items 1-2 of 2
A Survey of the River Niagara made by order of The Right Honorable The Lords Commissioners of the admiralty in the year 1817 under the direction of Captain William Fitzwilliam Owen. R.N.Historical map of the Niagara River from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie. Shows forts, villages, towns, buildings, islands. Digital reproduction of map (22 1/2 x 39 1/4 in.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Relief shown by shading and hachures. Depths shown by soundings throughout the river. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 21729 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Map of the Niagara District in Upper CanadaHistorical map showing the Niagara District in Upper Canada, a section of land located between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. Lincoln and Haldimand Counties are shown as well as the London District. Towns, villages, roads, bodies of water and waterways are labelled. Also shown on the map are Indian lands, forts such as Fort Niagara, Fort George and Fort Drummond, battle sites, and paths. Some houses are indicated with red markings and includes settlers names. The Niagara Escarpment is indicated with hachures and a road running at the top of the escarpment is labeled: “Road cut by Governor Simcoe.” Niagara Falls as well as the rapids north of Grand Island. Relief is shown by shading. Title information and a legend are in the bottom right corner. Text below the title reads: “by Lieutenant W A Nesfield drawn partly from Survey & from documents obtained from the Q: Mr. Gen.ls Department.”