• Ontario, Niagara Peninsula

      Canada. Dept. of National Defence (1932)
      Historical map showing roads, transportation, political and cultural features, legend. Digital reproduction of map (60 x 84 cm.) in the Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University. Relief shown by contours. Contour interval 25 feet. Georeferenced and modified from the "Canada 2 miles to 1 inch" map series, "Ontario, Niagara Peninsula" sheet by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Ontario, Niagara Peninsula (topo 1:126k)

      Canada. Dept of National Defense. (1904)
      Historical map showing roads, transportation, political and cultural features, legend. Digital reproduction of map (60 x 84 cm.) in the Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University. Relief shown by contours. Contour interval 25 feet. Georeferenced and modified from the "Canada 2 miles to 1 inch" map series, "Ontario, Niagara Peninsula" sheet by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan of the Niagara Frontier Shewing the General Line of the Welland Canal

      1840
      Reproduction of historic map created to accompany Lieutenant Colonel Phillpolls report on the inland navigation of the Canadas. The title and notation is typed within a scroll-like graphic, beneath which the following was handwritten: “with letter to the Inspector General dated 12 Feb’y 1840.” Map shows the Niagara Peninsula with a clear route of the First Welland Canal complete with the following details: “line prepared for steam boat navigation”; “Little deep cut”; “Reservoir”; “Deep Cut”, as well as bridges and aqueducts. The canal is shown leading from Lake Ontario at Port Dalhousie, through St. Catharines, Thorold, Allanburg, Port Robinson and ending in Port Colborne at Gravelly Bay. Port Dalhousie is labelled with an outer harbor and inner harbor which lead into the Welland Canal. The map also shows the boundaries of townships including: Grimsby, Clinton, Louth, Grantham, Niagara, Caistor, Gainsboro, Pelham, Thorold, Stamford, Canboro, Moulton, Wainfleet, Crowland, Willoughby, Humberston and Bertie. Shown below the Grand River is a small section of land labelled: “Indian Lands”. The Niagara Escarpment is indicated with hachures, stretching across the land mass near Lake Ontario to the United States. Near the Canadian and United States border, “Mississaga Fort”, the ruins of Fort George and the “American Fort-Niagara” are shown. Although the edge of the map is torn, remnants of the “Inspector General of Fortifications” stamp can be seen.