• Plan of that part of the Town of Niagara known as The Niagara Dock Property

      1863
      Map showing streets, buildings, military reserve, 'ruins of Fort George'. Scale 1 inch to 100 feet. Map date: 1863. Digital reproduction of map (20 1/4 x 38 1/4 in.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 22534 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Sketch of the Military Reserve at Niagara, 1835

      Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle, 1791-1847; Thomas George William Eaststaff, 1772-1854 (Toronto, 1835)
      Historic map of the “Military Reserve at Niagara shewing the mode in which it is proposed to let the Ordnance premises now occupied by the establishment.” The map shows a section of the Town of Niagara (Niagara-on-the-Lake) at the cross streets Queen and King. Military buildings such as Navy Hall, artillery barrack’s and officers’ quarters are shown, as are military forts such as Fort George and Fort Mississagua (sic). The land is divided into lots, some of which are labelled. Land grants are indicated: “Granted to Catholic Church” and “Granted to English Church”. Also of note are land occupancies: Niagara Harbour and Dock Company, and J. Crook's. A large section of land, divided into unlabeled lots has a written title: “Reserve – This part of the Reserve was laid out in Lots in 1796 by Lieut. Pilkington. R.E.” and “This uncleared part Chiefly Young Oak”. Handwritten text on the map reads as follows: “To accompany the Report of the Commanding Royal Engineer to His Excellency the Lieut. Governor of Upper Canada on the subjects of the Military Reserve dated 10th July 1836. Copy of a Plan sent with the Respective Officers Letter to Wm. Byham of 14th December 1835.”