• Plan of the military reserve at the Falls of Niagara

      William Hawkins, 1807-1868; Lewis Burwell, 1794-1865; John William Keating (1834)
      Historic map showing the Township of Stamford located adjacent to the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the right. Text below the title reads: “Surveyed Septr. 1834 by Messrs. Burwell Keating & Hawkings.” At the right side of the map is reference text which indicates acreage. Stamford is divided into lots and labelled with numbers. Roads, buildings and forested areas are indicated. Military reserve land is labelled and runs parallel to the Niagara River from Chippewa. Of note is a building located between the military reserve land and the river that is labelled as having been a museum. Two hotels are also shown east of the river: “Ontario House” and “Pavillion Hotel”. To the left of the map are two sections that show the distance from the top of the bank to the water’s edge. At the top of the map are two more sections that show the distance from the top of the bank to precipitous rock. Relief is shown by hachures and shading.
    • Township No.2 Stamford

      [Augustus Jones] ([1797])
      Historic map showing the Township of Stamford (present day Niagara Falls), divided into lots. North is oriented to the right. The Niagara River and Niagara Falls are located at south. Chippewa Creek is borders the town to the east and leads to the Niagara River. Lots are labelled with the lot number and the landowners name. Text on the top left of the map reads: “Niagara Chain RESERVE” Papers – 1797 (or Earlier)”. "1797" is also written on the bottom left corner.