• A plan of the position of Queenston

      John Alexander; Henry Vavasour (1818)
      Historical map showing the plan of the Village of Queenston. It shows roads, boundaries of fields, relief, treed areas, ravines, wharfs, buildings, barracks, and the fuel yard. There is a note of the ‘position where Brock fell'.[signed] John Alexander, Lieut, Ryl. Engrs. and Henry Vavasour, Comg. Ryl. Engrs.Relief shown by hachures and shading.Geographic coverage from Niagara River to Village of St. Davids.Digital reproduction of map (76 x 87 cm.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada.Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 22750 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Canada, Queenston

      William Hawkins, 1807-1868. (1854)
      Historic map showing the Village of Queenston, which sits on the west bank of the Niagara River within the County of Lincoln, Township of Niagara. Subtitle text reads as follows: “Plan shewing the Boundaries as marked, on the ground, of the Military Reserve belonging to the Ordnance, at the Village of Queenston, Township of Niagara, County of Lincoln, Canada West, as Surveyed by Mr. William Hawkins, Provincial Land Surveyor, in the months of Decr, 1853 & Jany and February 1854.” Below this text is a table of contents, reference table, scale charts and a textual description of the map. North is oriented to the right.
    • Map of the road from Queenston to Sixteen Mile Creek

      Francis Hall (1838)
      Note: Title used in accompanying material received with CD-ROM: [Map of the road running from Queenston to St. Davids and St. Catharines and through to Sixteen Mile Creek.]
    • Military Reserve at Queens Town, Niagara

      Gother Mann, 1747-1830; Henry Lizars; S. P. (Samuel Proundfoot) Hurd, b. 1793; Thomas George William Eaststaff, 1772-1854 (Toronto : Surveyor General's Office, 1835)
      Historic plan showing proposed alterations to the land located at the west side of the Niagara River. North is oriented to the top. Descriptive text above the title outlines the purpose of this plan: “Plan shewing the Ground reserved for Government at the Landing place on the West side of the Niagara River; and the proposed situation for Wharf, Stores & ca.” Rods and proposed roads are shown as are land boundaries. Some buildings are shown. Various notations about proposed alterations / additions are present.
    • Niagara. 1937

      Canada. Dept of National Defence (1937)
      Scale 1:25,000 "No. 507"--bottom left margin. Relief shown by contours. Digital reproduction of map (63 x 79 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Relief shown by contours. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3464 S35 1937 C35 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • No. 16 Queenston. Plan of the Military Reserve, total content called 175 Acres.

      Henry Vavasour; R. I. Pilkington; J. G. Kelly (1851)
      Historic map showing a military reserve at Queenston adjacent to the Niagara River. North is oriented to the bottom right. A numerical index identifies select buildings. There is also a notation which provides an explanation regarding liner and colour markings. This map contains various notable locations including: Hamilton’s Wharf, wharf built by Mr. Macklem, a church in ruins, and Brock’s Monument. It also identifies the location where “Sir I. Brock fell 13th Oct. 1812”. Also shown is the; “Encroachment by the Erie and Ontario Railway Company”. A section of land adjacent to that owned by the railway company contains the following notation: “License of occupation to James Secord but actually occupied by the Hamilton Estate.” Relief is shown by hachures.
    • Plan of Lots at Queenston

      [c. 1840]
      Historic map of Queenston which sits adjacent to the Niagara River. The map shows lots labelled by lot number and acreage. Also shown are three large portions of land which are each 50 acres. Only of these portions of land has buildings. This map was described in “Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1876” by Joan Winerals: "This appears to be an unfinished plan for subdivision, the only name being 'Niagara River'; lot nos and sizes shown surrounding a large house on point overlooking river; list of all lots and acreages; instructions on how to finish the map”. The map has also been described by Library and Archives Canada: "Shows lots, roads, several buildings. Map apparently dates from early 19th century, as it lacks many features present on 1856 map". Relief shown by hachures.
    • Plan of the Military Reserve at Queenston

      A. Walpole; Henry Vavasour (1819)
      Historic map showing the Military Reserve at the Village of Queenston. Map is oriented with north to the bottom. The military reserve is located along the shoreline from the Niagara River, west to a road that leads to St. David’s. Two lots are labelled with the land owners names: “Dickson’s” and “Secord’s”. A boundary line in the south is labelled “Chisham’s Enclosure”. Other lines are labelled with latitude and longitude coordinates. Also shown are buildings, Government Wharf and relief is shown by hachures.
    • Plan shewing the situation & dimensions proposed for building lots for merchants & traders on the Kings reserved land near the west landing on the Niagara River in the Province of Upper Canada. 1798

      Robt. Prescott (1798)
      Map date: 1798 NMC- e011198206 Scale [ca. 1:1,108] Relief shown by shading. Oriented with north to the right."H3/440 1798 Queenston"--written in ink in top right margin."Approved (signed) Robt. Prescott By order of the Commander in Chief (signed) James Green, Mil. Sec'y."Digital reproduction of map (43 x 53 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3464 Q84 G46 1798 M36 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan: West Landing on the Niagara River – Upper Canada

      Gother Mann (1798)
      Historic plan with title text that reads as follows: “PLAN Shewing the situation and dimensions approved for Building Lots for Merchants & Traders on the King’s reserved Land near the West Landing on the Niagara River in the Province of Upper Canada 1798”. The map bears the signature of “Gother Mann, Col. Command. Grl. Engn.”