• [A plan of the front concessions of the townships along the Niagara River]

      E.Y.W. Henderson (1844)
      Historic map showing the Niagara River including concessions along the river. North is oriented to the right at Lake Ontario. Fort Mississauga, the Town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake), Fort George and the Niagara Reserve can be seen on the Canadian side of the river at the mouth of Lake Ontario. Fort Niagara is shown on the American side. Townships shown along the river include: Bertie, Willoughby, Stamford and Niagara. The towns are divided into concessions and labelled numerically. Fort Erie Reserve is shown at south where the Niagara River meets Lake Erie. Snake Island, Grand Island, Goat Island and Navy Island are also shown. Some granted land is labelled and a small number of buildings are shown and labelled with either the name of the owner or the buildings function.
    • A Survey of the River Niagara made by order of The Right Honorable The Lords Commissioners of the admiralty in the year 1817 under the direction of Captain William Fitzwilliam Owen. R.N.

      William Fitzwilliam Owen
      Historical map of the Niagara River from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie. Shows forts, villages, towns, buildings, islands. Digital reproduction of map (22 1/2 x 39 1/4 in.) in the Public Archives of Canada. National Map Collection. Library and Archives Canada. Relief shown by shading and hachures. Depths shown by soundings throughout the river. Georeferenced and modified from NMC Map number 21729 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.