• Niagara frontier

      Great Britain. War Office. Topographical Branch.; R. H. (Richard Hugh) Stotherd, 1828-1895; Henry Malet (Southampton, [England] : zincographed at the Topographical Department of the War Office,, 1865)
      Historical maps showing transportation and road features, concessions, populated places, buildings, index to proposed defensive installations.
    • Niagara Frontier : Plan 2

      Great Britain. War Office. Topographical Branch.; Association of Canadian Map Libraries
      Historical map showing roads, concessions, populated places and buildings. Scale one inch to a statute mile.Includes additional text signed and date 1867. Map date 1867. Relief shown by hachures. Digital reproduction of map (48 x 34 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call# G 3462 N53 1867 G74 1978 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan of Niagara Frontier

      1814
      Historic plan showing the Niagara River and land to the east and west sides of the river. North is oriented to the right at Lake Ontario and Lake Erie is shown at south. At Lake Onario, Fort Niagara and Mississague (sic) Point are shown. Other forts and points of interest are noted however much of the land is labelled as wooded area. Roads are labelled as are islands within the river. Relief is shown by hachures.
    • Plan of Niagara Frontier

      George Williams (Montreal, Qu. : Engineers Office,, 1814)
      Historic map showing military forts, landings, portage roads on both sides of Niagara River. North is oriented to the right. Buildings are shown at military forts and other locations along the river, however they are not labelled. Grand Island is a prominent feature on the southern portion of the plan. Niagara Falls and islands within the Niagara River are labelled. Relief is shown with hachures. The Plan is signed by its author.
    • Plan of the Niagara Frontier Shewing the General Line of the Welland Canal

      1840
      Reproduction of historic map created to accompany Lieutenant Colonel Phillpolls report on the inland navigation of the Canadas. The title and notation is typed within a scroll-like graphic, beneath which the following was handwritten: “with letter to the Inspector General dated 12 Feb’y 1840.” Map shows the Niagara Peninsula with a clear route of the First Welland Canal complete with the following details: “line prepared for steam boat navigation”; “Little deep cut”; “Reservoir”; “Deep Cut”, as well as bridges and aqueducts. The canal is shown leading from Lake Ontario at Port Dalhousie, through St. Catharines, Thorold, Allanburg, Port Robinson and ending in Port Colborne at Gravelly Bay. Port Dalhousie is labelled with an outer harbor and inner harbor which lead into the Welland Canal. The map also shows the boundaries of townships including: Grimsby, Clinton, Louth, Grantham, Niagara, Caistor, Gainsboro, Pelham, Thorold, Stamford, Canboro, Moulton, Wainfleet, Crowland, Willoughby, Humberston and Bertie. Shown below the Grand River is a small section of land labelled: “Indian Lands”. The Niagara Escarpment is indicated with hachures, stretching across the land mass near Lake Ontario to the United States. Near the Canadian and United States border, “Mississaga Fort”, the ruins of Fort George and the “American Fort-Niagara” are shown. Although the edge of the map is torn, remnants of the “Inspector General of Fortifications” stamp can be seen.