• A map of the vicinity of Niagara Falls. 1857

      Drawn by J.H. Fairbank, Registered by W.E. Tunis, Engraved by E.R. Jewett & Company (1857)
      Relief shown by hachures. Full title: A map of the vicinity of Niagara Falls drawn from actual survey for Tunis' Guide by J.H. Fairbank. "Entered according to Act of congress, in the year 1857, by W.E. Tunis," - bottom margin. Digital reproduction of folded map in "Tunis's topographical and pictorial guide to Niagara Falls". Detroit : W.E. Tunis, [1872], located in Brock University Archives and Special Collections call # SPCL F 127 N8 T9 1872. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Catlin’s Survey & Model of NIAGARA in the year 1827

      Catlin, George, 1796-1872; G. J. Poore and Co lighogr L'pool 1827. (1827)
      Historic map showing a portion of the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the bottom Upper Canada (present day Ontario) is shown to the west of the river and the State of New York at the east. A road to Buffalo and Chippewa is shown at the southernmost portion of the map. Text within the river, above Horse Shoe Falls, reads: “Descent of Water in the RAPIDS.” Also included are distances across the river and notes on the heights and depths of the two falls. Transportation routes, ferry routes, place names, islands, forest and some buildings are indicated. At the north-west corner, adjacent to Lundy’s Lane is a notation related to the War of 1812: “Battle of Bridgewater, July 20th, 1814”.
    • Eastern Ontario and Western New York power districts. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Map date: 1906 Scale: 2 miles to 1 inch. Sheet 2 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Geographic coverage of the Niagara Peninsula east of the Welland Canal, and areas west of Lockport and Buffalo, N.Y. Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Environs of Niagara Falls, showing Crown Reserve and claim of James Windeat, 1841

      1841
      Historic map showing a portion of Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the right. This map is crudely sketched. The Niagara River is shown with the falls indicated with hachures. A portion of military reserve land from Chippewa is shown running along the west side of the river. The land is roughly broken into lots and some roads are shown and labelled. The “Ontario House” hotel and the “Pavillion Hotel” are marked as is a museum. Goat Island is shown within the river. A handwritten notation at the bottom left reads: “Taken from Land Petitions Wl. 63 1841.” Relief is shown by landform drawings.
    • Map of part of Canada West shewing the Niagara & Detroit Rivers Railway

      1858?
      Historical map showing boundary, road and transportation features.
    • [Map of the City of Niagara Falls Canada]

      F.H. Leslie, Limited (1938?)
      Historical map showing streets, transportation, tourist and cultural features. Include a numbered index of 40 local places.Title for folded cover. Relief shown by hachures.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Map of the Villages of Niagara Falls, & Niagara City, New York : The Village of Elgin and the City of the Falls, Canada West

      Boston : J.H. Hufford's Lith., 1854?
      Historical map showing Niagara Falls, New York located to the east of the Niagara River and Canada West (now Ontario), to the west of the Niagara River. A dotted line runs through the centre of the Niagara River indicating the “National Boundary”. On the Canadian side of the river, the “City of the Falls”, current City of Niagara Falls, and Elgin are shown with main streets labelled as well as ownership of lots noted be last name. Streets and subdivisions are shown as well as. The Canadian and American Falls are labelled along with Goat Island and Bath Islands, which sit at the top of the falls in the river. The Erie and Ontario Rail Road is also indicated, running from the United States, over a bridge crossing the Niagara river and continuing north through Niagara Falls. Relief of the Niagara Gorge and Niagara Escarpment are shown with hachures and shading.
    • Niagara power district. 1906

      Ontario Power Company (1906)
      Scale: 2000 feet to 1 inch. Geographic coverage of Niagara Falls, New York and Niagara Falls, Ontario. Sheet 4 of "Maps of power districts in Niagara Region" Digital reproduction of map (73 x 77 cm.) Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University
    • Plan of lands selected to be set apart for the Niagara Falls Park

      Legislature of the Province of Ontario (Toronto : [Executive Council of Ontario], 1885)
      Historical map showing Niagara Falls, the Niagara River and the boundaries of the Niagara Falls Park. As indicated directly below the main title of the map, the park was “authorized by the Legislature of the Province of Ontario by an act entitled – The Niagara Falls Park Act being 48 vic. cap. 21.” Further handwritten information reads as follows: “We hereby certify that the tract of land selected by as for the Niagara Falls Park is that included between the red line laid down on this map and the international boundary line in the Niagara River”, signed by three commissioners whose names are indecipherable. “The selection shown by this plan is approved by the Lieutenant Governor in Council by order dated 14th day of December 1885 [signature] Clerk of the Executive Council of Ontario.”
    • Plan of the military reserve at the Falls of Niagara

      William Hawkins, 1807-1868; Lewis Burwell, 1794-1865; John William Keating (1834)
      Historic map showing the Township of Stamford located adjacent to the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the right. Text below the title reads: “Surveyed Septr. 1834 by Messrs. Burwell Keating & Hawkings.” At the right side of the map is reference text which indicates acreage. Stamford is divided into lots and labelled with numbers. Roads, buildings and forested areas are indicated. Military reserve land is labelled and runs parallel to the Niagara River from Chippewa. Of note is a building located between the military reserve land and the river that is labelled as having been a museum. Two hotels are also shown east of the river: “Ontario House” and “Pavillion Hotel”. To the left of the map are two sections that show the distance from the top of the bank to the water’s edge. At the top of the map are two more sections that show the distance from the top of the bank to precipitous rock. Relief is shown by hachures and shading.
    • Plan of the Niagara Frontier. 1937

      Putnam, A. E. (A. E. Putnam, 1937)
      Map showing the Canadian Niagara Power Company electric line and planning service areas.
    • Plan shewing the situation and dimensions approved for building lots for merchants and traders on the King's reserved land at Fort Chippewa in Upper Canada. 1798

      Gother Mann (1798)
      Scale [ca. 1:1,188]. "W. Hall Lt Rl Ary, [signed] Gother Mann COll Commandg Rl Engrs." Digital reproduction of map (34 x 49 cm.) in the Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library collection. Relief shown by hachures. Georeferenced and modified from Brock call # G 3464 C45 1798 P53 by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Plan Showing the Military Reserve at the Falls of Niagara Surveyed by Command of His Excellency Sir John Colborne K.C.B. Lieutenant Governor

      James G. (James Grant) Chewett, 1793-1862. (1831)
      Historic map showing land along the Niagara River at Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the top right. Niagara Falls is shown, divided into lots which are labelled numerically. A military reserve is shown along the bank of the water. Some buildings are shown and labelled including the Ontario base, stables and a pavilion. On the land north-west of the falls is Table Rock, Wright’s Stairs and a museum. Concession Road, the Road from Chippewa, a road to the ferry and other unlabeled roads are shown. The Niagara River at Niagara Falls is shown. Goat Island and two other unlabeled islands are shown in the river at the top of Niagara Falls. Relief is shown with shading and hachures. In the bottom right corner of the map is reference text providing further information about the lots. Granted land to Philip Bender, James Forsythe and James Elsworth is indicated shown and are indicated by lot number. Text in the top right corner of the map indicates which lots were granted to each individual and provides further information about each lot. The text was written and signed by D. W. Smith A.S.G.
    • Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Falls

      Copp, Clark Co. Ltd., Lith, Toronto (Niagara Falls : Superintendents Office., 1896)
      Historic map showing the location of Queen Victoria Park in Niagara Falls. The park runs adjacent to the Niagara River beginning at The Clifton House and continues south past Dufferin Islands. Notations within the parkland indicate paths, playground and picnic ground areas, electric railway route, fountains and horse troughs. Table Rock is also noted within the mark adjacent to Horse Shoe Falls. The map also shows boundaries, streets, transportation routes, cultural and tourist features in Niagara Falls. The international boundary between the United States and Canada is shown by a dotted line running directly through the centre of the Niagara River. On the United States side of the river, islands and streets are shown. There are also textual notations providing information about the river rapids and the quantity of water passing over the falls as well as indications of the upper line breakers and the route of the Maid of the Mist. A notation on the map indicates this map was used by the “Superintendents Office, Niagara Falls Feb. 1896.”
    • Sketch of Drummondville Shewing in red the Houses etc. hired for the Accommodation of Troops

      W.H. Roberts; Richard Birley (Toronto [Ont.],, 1838)
      Historic plan showing the village of Drummondville (present day Niagara Falls) with roads and buildings depicted. North is oriented to the right. Some buildings are not labelled, however one building at the southern portion of the map is labelled as a “Pavillion”. Other buildings are labelled alphabetically. Reference text at the right side of the plan provides further information about the buildings that correspond with the letter they are labelled with. The buildings include hotels, houses, bath houses, barns, stables, cottages and a chapel that served as a hospital. Some forested areas are shown and relief is shown with shading.
    • Township No.2 Stamford

      [Augustus Jones] ([1797])
      Historic map showing the Township of Stamford (present day Niagara Falls), divided into lots. North is oriented to the right. The Niagara River and Niagara Falls are located at south. Chippewa Creek is borders the town to the east and leads to the Niagara River. Lots are labelled with the lot number and the landowners name. Text on the top left of the map reads: “Niagara Chain RESERVE” Papers – 1797 (or Earlier)”. "1797" is also written on the bottom left corner.
    • Township of Stamford

      H.R. Page & Co. (1876)
      Map showing lot numbers with landowners' names, roads, railroads, battle fields identified with symbol. Digital reproduction of map on page 56 of Illustrated historical atlas of the counties of Lincoln and Welland, Ont., Toronto : H.R. Page, 1876 Relief shown by hachures. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
    • Tunis' New Map of Niagara Falls and River, showing all the Prominent Points Adjacent. 1855

      W.E. Tunis (1855)
      Oriented with north to the bottom. Relief shown by hachures. Digital reproduction of folded map in "Tunis's topographical and pictorial guide to Niagara." Niagara Falls : W. E. Tunis, 1855, located in Brock University Archives and Special Collections call # SPCL F 127 N8 T9 1855. Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.