• Plan of towns of Niagara and Newark and adjacent military reserves

      Gustavus Nicolls (1833)
      Historic map of Niagara-on-the-Lake showing lots, some of which are labelled with lot numbers, buildings and roadways. Military land and buildings, Fort George and Fort Mississague [sic], as well as a hospital and English Church and burying ground are also shown. The Town of Newark is shown with minimal detail. A large piece of land adjacent to Fort George is labelled “Military Reserve.” Handwritten text on the map reads: “Royal Engineers Office Quebec 20th April 1833 – Gusts Nicolls Colonel (?) Engineer Canada.”