• Sketch of part of the Niagara River, shewing the portion of Ordnance Chain Reserve

      Alexander Gordon; W. T. Renwick; Great Britain. Army. Corps of Royal Engineers. (1852)
      Historic map showing the area along the bank of the Niagara River from Niagara Falls to the Niagara Suspension Bridge at Queenston. Full title and subtitle text reads as follows: “Sketch of part of the Niagara River, shewing the portion of Ordnance Chain Reserve, colored Red, applied for by the St. Catherines, Thorold, & Suspension Bridge Road Company 27/9/52”. Also given on the map are the heights of cliffs on both sides of the river, roadways, and distances. Other features shown are: Gen. Brock’s Monument, Steamboat Landing, Clifton House, Goat Island, Navy Island and Grand Island. A boundary line is shown in the Niagara River. Relief is shown with shading and depths are shown by soundings.