• Auction Sale Notice

      1886-01-27
      Auction Sale notice concerning a brick and stone carpenter shop; a frame wheel-house building and a stone machine shop building all located on Cascade Street in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The Superintendent of the State Reservation at Niagara is listed as Thomas W. Welch. The names Thomas Dolphin – Suspension Bridge; W.A. Frazer – Suspension Bridge; Alice L. [illegible] – Niagara Falls and James C. [illegible] are written on the notice in blue pencil. There is a tear at the top of the notice and wear along the sides. Text is not affected. The item is slightly discoloured and mounted on cardboard, 28 cm x 20 cm, January 27, 1886.
    • Burning Springs, Niagara Falls, Ontario

      n.d.
      Burning Springs, Niagara Falls, Ontario with P.S. Clark listed as proprietor, 19 ½ x 13 cm. There is some wear on the sides of the paper which does not affect text. There is also slight staining, n.d.
    • Cave of the Winds on the American Side Poster

      1860
      Cave of the Winds on the American Side. This poster contains a poem by Mary S. Pond called Cave of the Winds, 35 cm. x 19 cm. The guides are listed as F.H. Johnson and Son. There is a portion of the poster missing from the upper left hand corner. This does affect the text. This newsprint article is mounted in a cardboard frame, 1860.
    • Cave of the Winds, Goat Island, U.S.A.

      n.d.
      Cave of the Winds, Goat Island, U.S.A. This is touted as the only place on the globe where rainbows form an entire circle. Geo. W. Wright is listed as the lessee. 30 cm. x 14 cm. newsprint. There is a slight wearing away of the edges. This does not affect text, n.d.
    • Ferry at the Falls, Niagara Falls, U.S.A.

      1851-05
      Ferry at the Falls, Niagara Falls, U.S.A. with Geo. W. Sims at the ferry on the American shore, 31 cm. x 18 cm., May 1851.
    • Guide to the Whirlpool Rapids Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario

      n.d.
      Guide to the Whirlpool Rapids Park, Niagara Falls, Ontario 18 cm. x 12 ½ cm. newsprint. There is a piece missing from upper left hand corner which does not affect text, n.d
    • New Feature at Niagara – Clark Hill Islands

      n.d.
      New Feature at Niagara – Clark Hill Islands (5 islands situated in the rapids of the Niagara River). These islands are currently known as Dufferin Islands, 22 ½ cm. x 15 ½ cm, n.d.
    • Poem entitled To Niagara

      Buckingham, J.S. (1838-08-12)
      Poem by J.S. Buckingham entitled To Niagara written at the first sight of the falls on August 12, 1838, 22 cm. x 12 cm. This is slightly stained, 1838.