Ontario Forest Industries Association records, 1900-1989, n.d.
|dc.description||The Ontario Forest Industries Association (OFIA) was founded in 1944. It is a provincial trade association that represents member companies who produce a wide range of products, including pulp, paper, paperboard, lumber, panelboard, plywood and veneer. The OFIA works with its member companies to address issues of common interest and concern, and communicates these issues to the appropriate government, industrial or business sector. The Ontario Forest Information Service represented the OFIA from 1951 to 1988 as the publishers of their industry periodicals. Bush News was the first periodical published by the Service for the OFIA and ran until 1964, when it was replaced by Ontario Logger. In 1968, the name was changed to The Logger. In 1970, this was replaced by The Forest Scene. This new periodical was a departure from the earlier versions, which had served primarily as an internal communication system for the industry. The Forest Scene adopted a new format and editorial approach, emphasizing outdoor activities, recreation, hunting and fishing, conservation, and forestry operations and methods, thus appealing to a much wider readership. The Forest Scene ceased publication in 1988.||en_US|
|dc.description.abstract||This archive is part of the larger Ontario Editorial Bureau Fonds (OEB) housed at Brock University. The records contain information about the Ontario Forest Industries Association and the Ontario Forest Information Service. Some material about the Ontario Professional Foresters Association, Ontario Forestry Association, Canadian Forestry Service, and the Canadian Forestry Association is also included.||en_US|
|dc.rights||CC0 1.0 Universal||*|
|dc.subject||Forests and forestry--Ontario.||en_US|
|dc.title||Ontario Forest Industries Association records, 1900-1989, n.d.||en_US|
Files in this item
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
1. Archival Finding Aids
These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.