William Cowan Fonds RG 13
William Cowan (fl. 1850-1857) was a mill owner who operated mills in Thorold, Ont. and Dunnville, Ont. with his partner James Park. The Thorold mills were among some of the first in Thorold, but were destroyed by fire in 1857. The collection consists of records and other material accumulated by William Cowan during his life and career as mill owner. Some of the documents included are: financial documents, correspondence, receipts, legal documents etc.