Fairview School was built in 1919 in Louth Township, Lincoln County, Ont. It may have been built around the time the County constructed other schools, namely Grapeview and Glenridge. Nicholson and Macbeth may have been the architects of this school as some features on the building, eg., the carved stone children's faces below the lintel of the front door, appear in another known and proven Nicholson and Macbeth building, the former YMCA on Queen Street in St. Catharines. The school remained in operation until 1979 when it was purchased for use as a church, the Fairview-Louth Community Church, which later became Southridge Community Church, now located on Glenridge Avenue, St. Catharines, Ont. Today the building is occupied by the Niagara Korean Presbyterian Church.

Click here to view Fairview School class photograph finding aid: https://dr.library.brocku.ca/bitstream/handle/10464/3140/Fairview%20School%20class%20photograph%20RG%20326.pdf?

Recent Submissions