Browsing Books featuring the Niagara area by Subject "Bridges -- Niagara Falls (N.Y. and Ont.)"
Now showing items 1-1 of 1
Album of photographs taken during construction of the Upper Steel Arch (or Honeymoon) Bridge, Sept. 29, 1897-July 16, 1898Item is a photograph album of cyanotype photoprints depicting the construction of the Upper Steel Arch Bridge from 1897 to 1898. Includes photographs of engineers and work crews. The Upper Steel Arch Bridge, also known as the Honeymoon Bridge or Falls View Bridge, spanned the Niagara River to join Niagara Falls, Ontario with Niagara Falls, N.Y. It was constructed in 1897 and opened in 1898. The bridge was damaged by an ice jam and collapsed in 1938.