The 19th Century Tombstone Database Project Records, 1790-1890 (non-inclusive)
Keywordcemeteries -- Ontario -- history -- inscriptions -- Louth -- Grantham -- St. Catharines -- Niagara-on-the-Lake -- Jordan -- Lincoln -- Homer -- Thorold -- Beamsville -- Fonthill -- Turney family -- Lakeview Cemetery -- Upper family -- Beaverdams Cemetery -- Smith Cemetery -- Maple Lawn Cemetery -- May family -- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church -- St. George's Anglican Church -- St. John's Anglican Church -- Victoria Lawn Cemetery -- Allanburg Cemetery -- Beamsville Baptist Church -- Mount Osborne Municipal Cemetery -- Mountview Cemetery -- Snure Cemetery -- Gregory family -- Drummond Hill Cemetery -- Negro Burial Ground -- St. Mark's Anglican Church -- St. Vincent de Paul Cemetery -- Port Robinson Presbyterian Cemetery -- Rockway Presbyterian Church -- St. David's United Church -- Haynes family -- Hostetter-Cooke Burial Ground -- Schram-Tinlin Burial Ground
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThis collection consists of materials related to research focusing on 19th century tombstones; includes data summary forms of persons, tombstone sketches, photographs of tombstones for various cemeteries in Grantham, Louth and Thorold Townships, maps, computer data printouts and handwritten notes.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
St. George’s Anglican Church cemetery photographs, n.d.Cameron, Chantal (2017-09-13)Contains 32 black and white photographs of tombstones from St. George’s Anglican Church cemetery in St. Catharines, Ontario. Some of the tombstones may be from other local cemeteries. Names on the tombstones include Margaret Jane Bradburn; Thomas Black (Jr. and Sr.); Edward Barker; Clarissa Stevens; William Chisholm; Elizabeth and John Fletcher; Jedidiah and Penelope Prendergast; Thomas Merritt (Jr. and Sr.); Ann Maria Ingersoll; Francis Parnall; Thomas Rolls; Paul Shipman; Eleanor Hutt; Caroline Gordon; Stephen Secord; Hannah Deforest; Lavinia Warner; Elizabeth Zeller; George Acker; Charles Howell; Jemima Hill; George Grant; Jessie Douglas; and Charles Clement Parkin.
Indenture St. Catharines Cemetery1869-07-07Indenture with the letterhead “St. Catharines Cemetery” between the rector and church wardens of St. George’s Church, St. Catharines and Henry C. Woodruff of the Township of Niagara. The deed is for 538 square feet in Lots 1 and 2 in division no. 13 in section M of the St. Catharines Cemetery. The cemetery deed no. is 530, July 7, 1869.
Indenture St. Catharines Cemetery1861-01-23Indenture with the letterhead “St. Catharines Cemetery” (this is a photocopy) between the rector and church wardens of St. George’s Church, St. Catharines and Ann S. Sanderson of St. Catharines. The deed is for 208 square feet commencing at a lot purchased by S.D. Woodruff in part of section P – cemetery deed no. is 134, Jan. 23, 1861.