Barnes Wines: Canada’s Oldest Winery flyer. n.d.
|dc.description||In 1873 George Barnes, Andrew Skinner, James Skinner, John Young Reid, Charles Robert Murray, George Magan, Thomas Barnes and Robert Duncan applied for, and received a charter for a commercial winery which would be called The Ontario Grape Growing and Wine Manufacturing Company Limited. It opened in 1894 and became known as Barnes Wines Limited. In 1973 the company completed a merger with Reckitt and Coleman (Canada) Limited. The winery operated until 1988 and was located on the banks of the old Welland Canal in St. Catharines, Ontario. The company produced a complete line of table wines, dessert wines, sherries, ports, and both crackling and sparkling wines. Barnes Wines called itself “Canada’s oldest winery” at the time of the printing of this flyer.||en_US|
|dc.subject||George Barnes -- Barnes Wines -- wines -- wine making -- wineries, Niagara Penninsula||en_US|
|dc.title||Barnes Wines: Canada’s Oldest Winery flyer. n.d.||en_US|
Files in this item
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
1. Archival Finding Aids
These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.