Clifton Inn cheque, 1918.
|dc.description||The first Clifton Hotel was built in 1832, but was destroyed by fire in 1898. A second hotel was built on the same site in 1906. This second hotel was much larger and included a branch of the Imperial Bank, a Gray Coach Lines Terminal, and several stores. For many years the inn was operated by George Major, but came under the control of the United Hotel Co. in 1919. The hotel was destroyed by fire in 1932. Oakes Garden Theatre currently occupies the location where the hotels once stood.||en_US|
|dc.description.abstract||A cheque from the Clifton Inn dated August 26, 1918. The cheque is made out to Thomas & Co., Toronto, Canada, and is signed by The Clifton Inn, G.R. Major.||en_US|
|dc.subject||Clifton House (Niagara Falls, Ont.)||en_US|
|dc.subject||Niagara Falls (Ont.)--History--Sources.||en_US|
|dc.title||Clifton Inn cheque, 1918.||en_US|
Files in this item
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
1. Archival Finding Aids
These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.