• P. Howard Lyons Collection, 1938-1979 (non-inclusive)

      Adams, Anne (2017-09-08)
      Bound and unbound copies of Ibidem magic quarterly. Also included are related articles about magic.
    • Panoramic photographs of Niagara Falls, 1970

      Cameron, Chantal (2018-07-04)
      Four colour, panoramic photographs of Niagara Falls, including the American Falls and Horseshoe Falls. Some photographs also include the Skylon Tower and Minolta Tower.
    • Paper business account book

      Goul, Jen (2007-09)
      10mm x 16.3mm. Green marbled soft cover
    • Papers from the Thorold Township copy books, n.d.

      Williams, Edie (2010-05)
      2 documents; 33 x 21 cm or smaller.
    • Pelham Cares Inc. fonds, 1980-2015

      Cameron, Chantal (2016-03-01)
      Fonds contains material about the operations and activities of Pelham Cares Inc., a charitable organization that provides various community services in Pelham, Ontario. Material includes administrative records such as minutes, annual reports, and financial statements, as well as information about the services provided, including a food bank, subsidized recreational activities for youth, and transportation services for medical appointments. Materials include activity reports, news clippings and photographs.
    • Pelham Women's Institute fonds, 1918-1997 [non-inclusive]

      Williams, Edie (2010-01)
      38 cm of textual records 70 b&w photographs 76 col. photographs 12 postcards
    • Percy Carruthers Band fonds, 1857-2011, n.d. (non-inclusive)

      Adams, Anne (2016-04-14)
      Percy Carruthers Band was born on November 27, 1892 in Toronto, Ontario to Charles Walter Band, a grain merchant and Jessie Camp Shaw Band. He graduated from Upper Canada College and became a broker. He worked at the Dominion Bank and then at Maple Leaf Milling Company. He was stationed at Port Colborne for a while. Before leaving for the front, he was with Bankers Bond Company of Toronto and is also listed as working with the firm of Bailey, Wood and Cross. Lieutenant Band received a Certificate of Military Qualifications on Dec. 24th, 1914. He received his Certificate of Military Instruction on Nov. 30, 1915. He received these certificates while with the 48th Regiment (Highlanders). He enlisted in 1914 and went overseas in August of 1915 as an officer in the 35th Battalion. By August 26, 1915, he is listed as being with the 23rd Reserve Battalion. A year later, in August of 1916 Lieutenant Band arrived in France and was posted to the 2nd Battalion – “The Second Iron”. In 1916, Band was the victim of shell shock received during a charge. He was wounded in April of 1917 at Vimy Ridge yet he remained on duty. At this time he received a gunshot wound to his right jaw. He earned a promotion to Captain on September 16th, 1917. He was wounded again in November of 1917 at Passchendaele where he suffered a gunshot wound to the ear. For his courage and determination Percy Band received the Military Cross on February 18, 1918. He led his company under difficult circumstances even though he was wounded. He was awarded a bar to the Military Cross for gallantry during a successful attack on two villages on December 2nd, 1918. During this attack he led his company against enemy machine guns. It is said that he displayed exceptional leadership qualities and skill during this time. On the 30th of August in 1918, he made a daring reconnaissance to the front under heavy fire in an attack on Upton Wood. He was also commended on his gallantry during attacks on Cagnicourt and the Canal du Nord in September of 1918. He was awarded the second bar to the Military Cross on February 1, 1919. The award of the Croix de Guerre was conferred on Captain Percy Carruthers Band by the President of the French Republic on December 15th, 1918 for distinguished service rendered during the course of the campaign. His general demobilization took place on April 25, 1919. Percy Band married Margaret Julia Woodruff on November 25, 1919, and they had three children: Charles Woodruff Band (1921), Margaret Elizabeth Band (1924) and Robert DeVeaux Woodruff Band (1927). After the war, Mr. Band was a manager at Geo. Weston Bread and Cakes Limited, St. Catharines. Percy Band was also an avid collector. His collections included antique toys and art. He died suddenly on May 19, 1961. The Toronto Telegram published this about him: “Captain Percy Carruthers Band, M.C. with two Bars, Croix de Guerre with Palm – was an officer whose buoyant spirit and gallantry mirrored the vibrant soul of the Battalion. Blythe of heart, yet endowed with a fine sense of responsibility, he gave inspired leadership of No. 3 Company.”
    • Persia pocket time card, n.d.

      Williams, Edie (2010-07)
      1 time card; 12 x 18 cm
    • Persia steamboat poster, no date

      Cameron, Chantal (2015-02-23)
      One poster advertising the passenger steamer “Persia”. The steamer “leaves St. Catharines every Tuesday…for Montreal, passing through…the Thousand Islands…calling at Kingston, Brockville, Prescott, Cornwall.” The poster also indicates that passengers can spend a full day at Niagara Falls. J.H. Scott is listed as the ship’s master.
    • Petition of Major John Richardson, late superintendent of police on the Welland Canal, 1846

      Williams, Edie (2010-06)
      1 petition, 6 pages ; 35 x 23 cm. Originally published as Appendix Z.Z in, Appendix to the fifth volume of the journals of the Legislative Assembly of the Province of Canada…. June, 1846.
    • Petrosar Fonds, 1974-1981, n.d.

      Adams, Anne (2016-06-03)
      7 cm. (1/4box) containing correspondence, clippings and promotional material
    • Phelps Family Papers [photocopy]

      Williams, Edie (2011-02-07)
      The Phelps Family Papers include seven items of correspondence and one handwritten chapter on the building of the Welland Canal. Five items of correspondence originate from Oliver Phelps, the other two from his son, Oliver Seymour. Also included are two estimates to canal work being conducted on the deep cut, an area between the villages of Port Robinson and Allanburg. Ont. All items are photocopies, with some transcriptions of correspondence. Originals are located in the Oliver Seymour Phelps Papers, St. Lawrence University Library.
    • Photo album, St. Catharines area, ca. 1913-1919.

      Cameron, Chantal (2012-02-16)
      One hardcover photo album containing black and white photos. Many of the photos were taken in the St. Catharines area. Included are photos of Port Dalhousie, Port Weller, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake and St. Catharines. There are also photos of Braeside, Ont. and the Ottawa valley. Various local landmarks are included, such as the armoury in St. Catharines, Montebello Park, and Martindale pond. Some of the events captured include a train wreck that occurred in St. Catharines in 1914, the visit of the Governor General to St. Catharines in 1914 (featuring the Carnegie library and Post Office and federal building decorated with flags), and an airplane that crashed into a body of water, possibly a plane from an air training camp in Beamsville during World War I. There are also two photos of champion Niagara district basketball teams, possibly taken in the gymnasium building located behind the former St. Catharines Collegiate building (later Robertson School) on Church Street. One photo includes Norman Byrne, Gladys Ansell, Miriam Marshall, Irene Stoter (?), Mildrerd Houston, A. Gardner, and Madeline Jenner. The other photo includes George Moase, W. Bennett, Norman Byrne, Jack Bain, Mr. Brackenbury, Cyril Merriman, Jim Galway, Harry Erskine, and Roy Carpenter.
    • Photograph collection

      Goul, Jen (2007-09)
      40 photographs ranging in size from 10.5 mm x 6mm to 16.5mm x 11mm
    • Photograph of St. Catharines Collegiate Institute students, October 20, 1925

      Cameron, Chantal (2013-10-08)
      One black and white photograph of the students of the St. Catharines Collegiate Institute. The inscription at the bottom of the photograph reads “St. Catharines Collegiate Institute and Vocational School—Staff & Students, October 20, 1925”. In the bottom right corner of the photograph, another inscription reads “Photograph by Whyte”.
    • Photograph of Thorold’s no. 2 Company of the Lincoln Militia, 1893

      Adams, Anne (2019-08-08)
      One 18 x 24 cm. black and white photograph of the veterans of the Thorold Company of the Lincoln Militia mounted on a board.
    • Photographs of secretarial staff at Lightning Fastener, ca. 1935

      Cameron, Chantal (2014-03-25)
      Consists of 4 different black and white photographs of the secretarial staff at Lightning Fastener, ca. 1935. Only one photograph is an original; the remaining 3 are copies. There are also several duplicate copies of some photographs that have been enlarged to show detail. The only identified person in the photographs is Alice Collard.
    • Pica 13: Newsletter of the Mackenzie Heritage Printery Museum, 2001

      Cameron, Chantal (2013-10-07)
      A newsletter of the Mackenzie Heritage Printery Museum in Queenston, Ontario, titled Pica 13. The newsletter is dated autumn & winter, 2001. A feature of interest in the newsletter is the Niagara Bee, a newspaper published in Niagara. Only 2 copies of this newspaper have been found, one issue in July, 1812, and the other dated October 24, 1812. The latter issue details the Battle of Queenston Heights and the death of General Sir Isaac Brock. This original issue of the Bee is available in Special Collections & Archives, Brock University Library, Brock University.
    • Plan of part of the lands of the Six Nations Indians, January 26, 1833

      Cameron, Chantal (2015-02-23)
      A plan of part of the lands of the Six Nations Indians, dated January 26, 1833. A note on the plan reads “Part of the lands of the Six Nations Indians as surveyed by order of their Superintendent, John Brant, Esq. Dated at the Mohawk Village, the 29th day of April, 1831. Part of which was returned to the office of the Honourable, the Commissior of Crown Lands, on the 31st Oct. 1831, and now rendered more complete by a continuation of the survey under the same order in 1832, and by information obtained from private practice not connected with my official instructions all of which is most respectfully submitted to the inspection and for the information of His Majesty’s Government by Lewis Burwell, Surveyor”. The map shows the early loyalist land holdings in the Brantford area.