• N.R. [Newton Ross] Teeft account book, 1900-1903

      Cameron, Chantal (2018-05-16)
      An account book belonging to N.R. [Newton Ross] Teeft of Canboro. The first part of the book (pages 1-92) records expenses paid for drilling wells. Expenses were recorded for drilling in Caledonia, Dunnville, Forks Road, Marshville, Wellandport, Waterford, South Cayuga, and Moulton. Clients include the Moulton Gas Company and the Citizen’s Gas Company of Dunnville. The second part of the book (pages 100-147) records the hours worked by employees. The third part of the book (pages 150-163) records wages paid to employees. On page 175, the title reads “Debts to Condon & Marshall, from Nov. 29 1901”. Six black and white photographs of drilling rigs are also included. Some of the photographs are labelled in light pencil on the reverse “drilled ½ mile… Wellandport, November 2, 1903”.
    • Nathan Ford fonds, 1792-1903, n.d.

      Cameron, Chantal (2022-05-12)
      Fonds mostly consists of correspondence written by, or to, Nathan Ford. Much of the correspondence concerns the War of 1812, especially the events around Ogdensburg. A significant part of the fonds concerns Ford’s claim for damages and losses incurred during the war. Reference is sometimes made to claims for damages in Niagara. Several letters to the editor are included which comment on the war and on some of the events that occurred in Niagara, such as the burning of Newark. Isaac Brock is mentioned in another of Ford’s letters. Also includes some information on the Jones family history. There are also several letters to the editor concerning tensions between France and the United States around 1797.
    • Negatives of Port Dalhousie and Port Weller, 1946-1959 (non-inclusive)

      Adams, Anne (2019-08-01)
      Thirteen 10 cm. x 5 cm. black and white negatives
    • Nelles Family collection

      2010-09-09
      The textual materials of the Nelles Family includes account books, clippings, correspondence, diaries, militia records, and various other materials that document the activities of this family. The bulk of the collection consists of photocopies acquired through donation and from other repositories.
    • New England and Canadian Trip, 1952

      Adams, Anne (2018-02-13)
      This is a combined journal and photograph album of a trip that was taken through New England and Canada from September 8 to September 21, 1952. The journal consists of 10 original typewritten pages and eighty one 8 ½ x 9 cm. black and white photos. Also included are 24 coloured postcards, a 25 x 20 cm. black and white photograph and a chart of where the couple stopped and how much they spent.
    • Niagara aerial photographs, 1921-1991, undated

      Cameron, Chantal (2013-10-08)
      This collection contains 129 aerial photographs of the Niagara region. The dates vary from 1921-1991, with some photos undated. Some of the areas covered include the Welland Canal, the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW), Niagara Falls, the Short Hills, and St. Catharines. Most of the photos are black and white.
    • Niagara and Detroit Rivers Railroad circular, 1850

      Williams, Edie (2010-04)
      One circular, addressed to Jacob Dewitt [De Witt] Esq, M.P.P. Toronto
    • Niagara area coloured prints collection, 1833-1850, n.d.

      Cameron, Chantal (2018-07-11)
      The collection consists of three prints featuring coloured illustrations of the Niagara area. Two of the prints feature illustrations of Niagara Falls and one of the Upper Canada Agricultural Association Exhibition at Niagara. The first print of Niagara Falls features the Horseshoe Falls and is dated 1833. The picture is titled “Cataracte (Chute du Niagara)”. Below the title “E.Guerin dir” is written. The second print features the American and Horseshoe Falls from Prospect Point. It is taken from a publication, and there is text written on the reverse side and below the print, about Niagara Falls. The text at the top of the page reads “Scenes in Many Lands”, and on the reverse “Voyages and Travels”. There is no date. The third print features an illustration of the Upper Canada Agricultural Association Exhibition at Niagara. There is an accompanying article on the Exhibition. The clipping is taken from The Illustrated London News, with a handwritten date of December 14, 1850. The sketch is by Mr. G.F. Price of Toronto, and shows the Exhibition ground with part of the town of Niagara in the distance.
    • Niagara Bruce Trail Club Fonds, 1962-2014, n.d.

      Adams, Anne (2012-09-07)
      The Niagara Bruce Trail Fonds contains consists of administrative records, minutes, clippings and photographs for The Niagara Bruce Trail Club. The original order has been maintained where possible and where no order existed like records were brought together. Some of the series are divided into sub-series based on subject matter or record format. The contents of the scrapbooks and clippings were duplicated within the collection and filed according to material type. The fifth edition (1969) of the Bruce Trail Guide Book is water damaged and missing ½ of the front cover.
    • Niagara churches collection, 1937, 1968-1994

      Cameron, Chantal (2013-10-07)
      This collection contains 7 church programs and brochures, ranging in date from 1937 to 1994. There are programs for church services at Knox Presbyterian Church, St. Catharines (May 9, 1937); St. Catherine of Alexandria Cathedral, St. Catharines (July 28, 1968) ; Memorial United Church, Ridgeway (October 15, 1972); Salem Chapel, British Methodist Episcopal Church, St. Catharines (November 30, 1986); and Ridley College Memorial Chapel, St. Catharines (December 3 & 4, 1994). There is also a brochure of activities offered at St. Paul Street United Church, St. Catharines (1986), and a development fund appeal brochure for the Cathedral of St. Catherine, St. Catharines (1985).
    • Niagara Council on Smoking and Health Collection, 1974, 1977-2004, n.d.

      Adams, Anne (2013-03-08)
      18 cm. of textual records; includes: minutes, correspondence, clippings, stickers, “no smoking” signs, 4 buttons and 1 glass dish regarding the Niagara Council on Smoking and Health.
    • Niagara District Council of Women fonds, 1918-2020, n.d.

      2009-08-14
      A collection of records associated with the St. Catharines Local Council of Women including correspondence, meeting minutes, membership lists, clippings, newsletters, photos, biographies and organizational history from 1918 to 2011.
    • Niagara District Mutual Fire Insurance Company papers

      Williams, Edie (2010-04)
      1 application form, 1 premium note, 3 premium receipts. Note: All items are blank
    • Niagara documents collection, 1846-1957, n.d.

      Cameron, Chantal (2022-03-31)
      The collection consists of correspondence, programs, financial documents, and brochures. Some of the material concerns Niagara. Niagara documents include an invoice from L.C. Woodruff, Paper Manufacturer and Dealer, for stationary, dated at Buffalo, July 8, 1867; an acknowledgement of payment of salary to the Town of Clifton from constable Bennet Hull, April 1, 1872; an invoice from the Town of Clifton to B.C. Lundy, January 9, 1872; a petition to the mayor of Clifton from local butchers requesting a refrigerator in the market-house, June 3, 1872; an invoice to G.W. Taylor, Mayor of Clifton, from the Queen’s Printer, Ottawa, 1872; invoices from the municipal electric light and power plant to the Steel Arch Bridge, 1912; invoices from the provincial natural gas & fuel company to the Niagara Ry. Bridge, 1912-1913; a letter to George Hulme, Thorold, from the Department of Railways and Canals, Welland Ship Canal, concerning a lease of land, July 20, 1933; a letter by the special deputy collector of customs in Niagara Falls, N.Y. introducing ex-sheriff George Lamey, July 20, 1912; a program of worship for Morrison Street United Church in Niagara Falls, Ontario, November 3, 1957; and brochures for the Skylon Tower and Seagram Tower in Niagara Falls, n.d.
    • Niagara Editorial Bureau/Ontario Editorial Bureau Administrative Records

      Adams, Anne and Jen Goul (2010-11-03)
      This archive is part of the larger Ontario Editorial Bureau fonds (OEB) housed at Brock University. The bulk of the collection is correspondence relating to The St. Catharines Office. Clippings, media releases, speeches and addresses make up the remainder of the collection. Representative examples of promotional materials were also retained.
    • Niagara Employee Assistance Program Council fonds, 1980-2008, n.d.

      Adams, Anne (2015-03-10)
      26 cm. of textual records (2 boxes) regarding the Niagara Employee Assistance Program Council.
    • Niagara Engineering Field Books Collection, 1892-1934

      Cameron, Chantal (2018-09-04)
      The collection consists of engineering field books containing surveys, diagrams and other information about the City of Niagara Falls, Ontario. Some books include other areas such as Niagara Falls (New York), Niagara-on-the-Lake, Fort Erie, Thorold, St. Davids, Chippawa, Bertie, St. Catharines, Welland, Humberstone, Tilsonburg, Orillia, and New Brunswick. The bulk of the collection contains surveys, diagrams and information relating to property surveys and sewers and sidewalks in Niagara Falls (Ontario), as well as hydroelectric power, both within and outside the Niagara area. The books were maintained by Civil Engineers of the City of Niagara Falls, including C.H. Mitchell and John H. Jackson, as well as Anderson & Barry (Surveyors & Engineers).
    • Niagara Falls and Montreal photos, [1870-1880]

      Adams, Anne (2018-01-09)
      5 sepia photographs of Niagara Falls and 3 sepia photographs of Montreal. All photos are mounted on 28.5 x 23 cm. ivory cardstock.
    • Niagara Falls Bridge Commission Scrapbook and Clippings, 1948, 1950, 1954-1960

      Adams, Anne (2012-10-10)
      1 scrapbook and loose clippings regarding the Niagara Falls Bridges and Carillon.