Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorBurustone, David
dc.date.accessioned2023-04-24T14:22:44Z
dc.date.available2023-04-24T14:22:44Z
dc.date.issued1497
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/17679
dc.description.abstractA one-sided notarial transumpt by the notary David Burustone, recording the succession of George, son of Patrick Colquhoun of Glenn, to the office of clerk of the parish of Govan, vacant through the death of Adam Harper. Govan was an ancient settlement, former burgh and now a district in Glasgow, Scotland. It is situated 2.5 miles west of Glasgow City Centre, on the south bank of the River Clyde, opposite the mouth of the River Kelvin and the district of Patrick. Archaeological evidence shows that there was a church and burial ground here as early as 600-800 AD. Numerous carved tombstones dating from 900- 1100 have been found. Govan was a village comprised of thatched cottages until well into the 19th century. It became a shipbuilding town in the early 19th century.en_US
dc.language.isootheren_US
dc.subjectColquhoun, Patricken_US
dc.subjectBurustone, Daviden_US
dc.subjectScotland -- Historyen_US
dc.subjectScotland -- Antiquitiesen_US
dc.titleRG 393 - A Notarial Transumpt, 1497en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US
refterms.dateFOA2023-04-24T14:22:44Z


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
NotarialTransumpt_1497.jpg
Size:
8.162Mb
Format:
JPEG image

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record