Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorCameron, Chantal
dc.date.accessioned2022-06-15T18:58:54Z
dc.date.available2022-06-15T18:58:54Z
dc.date.issued2022-06-15
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/16396
dc.descriptionIn 1876 John McCalla constructed a wooden building on Haynes Ave. on land donated by Mr. D.C. Haynes. McCalla was a member of Knox Presbyterian Church but felt that the future growth of the east end of St. Catharines would require another Presbyterian Church. The church began with 29 members. In 1895 the cornerstone for a new brick building on the corner of Queenston St. and Oakdale Ave. was laid by Mrs. Mary McCalla. In 1922 Haynes Ave. Presbyterian Church became Westminster Presbyterian Church. In 1925 the church became part of the United Church of Canada and yet another church was built to accommodate the expanding congregation. The new church opened in 1927 and is known as Westminster United Church.en_US
dc.description.abstractFonds consists of minute books, financial records, a marriage register, and a newspaper.en_US
dc.language.isoenen_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 787
dc.rightsCC0 1.0 Universal*
dc.rights.urihttp://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/*
dc.subjectHaynes Avenue Presbyterian Churchen_US
dc.subjectSt. Catharines (Ont.)--Historyen_US
dc.subjectWestminster United Church (St. Catharines, Ont.)--Historyen_US
dc.titleHaynes Avenue Presbyterian Church fonds, 1876-1996en_US
dc.typeOtheren_US
refterms.dateFOA2022-06-15T18:58:56Z


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
Haynes Ave Presbyterian Church ...
Size:
80.26Kb
Format:
PDF

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.

Show simple item record

CC0 1.0 Universal
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as CC0 1.0 Universal