Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorCameron, Chantal
dc.descriptionIn 1862, Methodists built the first church in Welland. It was located on East Main St. but moved to King and Young St. on land donated by the Morwood family. Most of the church was destroyed by two separate fires in 1907. The church was rebuilt and opened the following year. Central became a United Church in 1925 with the amalgamation of the Methodist, Congregationalist, and some Presbyterian congregations, which formed the new United denomination. In 1952 the church was enlarged to accommodate its growing needs. In 2012 Central United Church celebrated their 150th anniversary.en_US
dc.description.abstractA program for Central United Church in Welland, Ontario, for worship on Sunday, February 15, 1931. There is a morning worship at 11 a.m. and an evening worship at 7 p.m. A list of announcements is included for the week. The church is located on South Main St. in Welland and Rev. N. Argyle Hurlburt is listed as the minister. Mr. Harry Cawthorn is the organist and director of music.en_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 752
dc.rightsCC0 1.0 Universal*
dc.subjectCentral United Churchen_US
dc.subjectWelland, Ontarioen_US
dc.titleCentral United Church program, February 15, 1931en_US

Files in this item

Central United Church program ...

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fonds and collections available at the Brock University Archives & Special Collections

Show simple item record

CC0 1.0 Universal
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as CC0 1.0 Universal