Registry declaration for the Vessel Lincoln
|The Lincoln was built in St. Catharines in 1872. It was later known as the Lillie Smith and Mary Battle. It was used as a timber carrier and travelled through the Welland canal and along the shores of the upper Great Lakes to Kingston, Ontario. From here the lumber was loaded onto ships bounds for England. The ship was wrecked in Gaspe in 1922.
|This registry declaration for the Vessel Lincoln lists James and Alexander Norris of St. Catharines as the ship owners and John Duncanson of Amherstburgh as master mariner. Duncanson was also part owner of the ship. The Lincoln was built in St. Catharines and had one deck and one mast, and measured 131 feet from the fore part of the main stern to the after part of the stern. The document is signed by James Norris, Alexander Norris, John Duncanson and the collector of customs in the port of St. Catharines.
|CC0 1.0 Universal
|Registry declaration for the Vessel Lincoln
Files in this item
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
1. Archival Finding Aids
These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fonds and collections available at the Brock University Archives & Special Collections