Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorCameron, Chantal
dc.descriptionIn 1857, the Grand Trunk Railway proposed the construction of a railway bridge over the Upper Niagara River in order to accommodate increased trade and commerce. The New York State Legislature and Dominion Parliament created a draft agreement for the construction of an international bridge. However, it was not until 1870 that sufficient funds to build the bridge were available. A contract was signed between the International Bridge Company and the engineering firm of Gzowski-MacPherson. Chief engineers involved with the project included Edmund P. Hannaford, Joseph Hobson, and George Hughs. The bridge opened on November 3, 1873.en_US
dc.description.abstractA plan of the International Bridge over the Niagara River showing the location and lines connecting it with the Grand Trunk and New York Central Railways. The plan is signed by the Chief Engineer of the International Bridge Company, E.P. Hannaford, and dated July 11, 1870. The City of Buffalo, Village of Fort Erie, and Welland are shown.en_US
dc.relation.ispartofseries;RG 669
dc.rightsCC0 1.0 Universal*
dc.subjectNiagara Falls International Bridge Company.en_US
dc.titleInternational Bridge Plan of Location and of Lines connecting it with the Grand Trunk and New York Central Railways, July 1870en_US

Files in this item

International Bridge Plan RG ...

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

  • 1. Archival Finding Aids
    These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fonds and collections available at the Brock University Archives & Special Collections

Show simple item record

CC0 1.0 Universal
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as CC0 1.0 Universal