St. George’s Anglican Church cemetery photographs, n.d.
|dc.description||The history of St. George’s Anglican Church in St. Catharines dates back to 1792 when the first Anglican clergyman, Reverend Robert Addison, settled in present-day Niagara-on-the-Lake. Initially, a community church was used by the early settlers, where Presbyterians, Methodists and Anglicans worshipped. Around 1830, plans were begun to construct an Anglican church. It was completed in 1840 and named St. George’s Church.||en_US|
|dc.description.abstract||Contains 32 black and white photographs of tombstones from St. George’s Anglican Church cemetery in St. Catharines, Ontario. Some of the tombstones may be from other local cemeteries. Names on the tombstones include Margaret Jane Bradburn; Thomas Black (Jr. and Sr.); Edward Barker; Clarissa Stevens; William Chisholm; Elizabeth and John Fletcher; Jedidiah and Penelope Prendergast; Thomas Merritt (Jr. and Sr.); Ann Maria Ingersoll; Francis Parnall; Thomas Rolls; Paul Shipman; Eleanor Hutt; Caroline Gordon; Stephen Secord; Hannah Deforest; Lavinia Warner; Elizabeth Zeller; George Acker; Charles Howell; Jemima Hill; George Grant; Jessie Douglas; and Charles Clement Parkin.||en_US|
|dc.rights||CC0 1.0 Universal||*|
|dc.subject||St. George's Anglican Church (St. Catharines, Ont.) -- History.||en_US|
|dc.subject||Anglican Church of Canada -- Ontario -- St. Catharines -- History.||en_US|
|dc.title||St. George’s Anglican Church cemetery photographs, n.d.||en_US|
Files in this item
This item appears in the following Collection(s)
1. Archival Finding Aids
These finding aids are meant to help researchers find information in the fond available at The Brock University Special Collections and Archives.