AbstractHistoric plan with title text that reads as follows: “PLAN Shewing the situation and dimensions approved for Building Lots for Merchants & Traders on the King’s reserved Land near the West Landing on the Niagara River in the Province of Upper Canada 1798”. The map bears the signature of “Gother Mann, Col. Command. Grl. Engn.”
The plan shows the location and dimensions of the proposed building lots for merchants in Queenston, located along the shore of the Niagara River. Building lots are numbered and labelled with scales in the form of chains and links. Lot number 1 is noted as owned by Robt. Hamilton & Co. There are also two other buildings, one unlabeled and one labelled “Storehouse”. Adjacent to the building lots is a portion of land labelled “A Range of Log Buildings” (Rangers’ barracks). There are two small lakes to the west. Relief is shown with shading.
Plan was included in Col. McDonnell's letter of 10 Aug 1798 enclosing permission for a building lot to Thomas Clark at Queenston.
In the bottom right-hand corner is the stamp of the British Museum.
Authorship indicated: Gother Mann.
Scale: 1.4 chains to 1 inch ; 1:1,108.8
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-4208. Original map size 13 1/2 x 19 3/4 in.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.