Show simple item record

dc.contributorKeefer, George, 1773-1858
dc.date.accessioned2016-09-16T18:38:36Z
dc.date.accessioned2016-10-11T16:47:06Z
dc.date.available2016-09-16T18:38:36Z
dc.date.available2016-10-11T16:47:06Z
dc.date.issued1829
dc.identifier.govdocNMC-5236
dc.identifier.govdocNMC-5236
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10464/10619
dc.description.abstractHistoric map showing the mouth of the Welland River at Chippawa and the surrounding lands. North is oriented to the top. Soundings are shown within the waterway. The Old Battery, Old Fort, Stone House, Jas. Cummings Esq. house, and military ground are indicated. The bridge (current and previous), roadways, and “the cut” are shown. The Niagara River is shown running from south-east to north-west. An inset cross section of the canal (Welland River) is shown at a scale of 20 feet to 1 inch. Relief is shown by shading. NMC-5236. Digital reproduction of: 1 map ; 30 x 30 cm. In Library and Archives Canada. Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winerals. 1991. Reference no.: 742.
dc.format.extentScale [1:3,168]. 1" to 4 chains.
dc.publisherSt. Catharines, On., 1829.
dc.rightsNo restrictions. Recommended attribution: Digital map reproduction provided by: Brock University Map, Data & GIS Library
dc.subjectWelland River
dc.subjectWelland Canal
dc.subjectChippawa
dc.subjectWelland River
dc.subjectWelland Canal
dc.subjectChippawa
dc.titlePlan of the cut at mouth of River Welland / By Geo. Keefer Jnr Asst Engineer. St. Catharines 4th March 1829
dc.typemap
dc.coverage.boxnorthlimit=43.067712; westlimit=-79.05528; southlimit=43.058101; eastlimit=-79.040251
refterms.dateFOA2021-08-04T03:36:43Z


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Name:
NMC5236.jpg
Size:
6.601Mb
Format:
JPEG image
Thumbnail
Name:
Chippawa-1829-NMC-5236-geo.tif
Size:
7.521Mb
Format:
TIFF image
Thumbnail
Name:
Chippawa-1829-NMC-5236-Metadata.xml
Size:
23.90Kb
Format:
XML

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record