Plan shewing the situation & dimensions proposed for Building lots for Merchants & Traders in the Kings reserved land at Fort Chippawa in Upper Canada
AbstractHistoric map showing the Niagara River and the mouth of Chippawa River. North is oriented to the bottom. Land at east of the Chippawa River shows the boundary of a military reserve. To the west is another military reserve with boundaries shown along with lots labelled numerically and/or with land owners names. Buildings are shown but not labeled. A bridge is shown going from the east to west across the Chippawa River. Relief is shown by hachures and shading.
Plan is signed by the authors: “(Signed) Gother Mann Coln Commandg R1 Engrs Quebec 30 June 1798 Approved (signed) Robt Prescott.”
Authorship indicated: Gother Mann
Scale bar shown on map. Scale in chains.
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-6187. Digital reproduction map, original size: 39 x 50 cm.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1253 (3)