Sketch of part of the Niagara River, shewing the portion of Ordnance Chain Reserve
W. T. Renwick
Great Britain. Army. Corps of Royal Engineers.
MetadataShow full item record
Historic map showing the area along the bank of the Niagara River from Niagara Falls to the Niagara Suspension Bridge at Queenston. Full title and subtitle text reads as follows: “Sketch of part of the Niagara River, shewing the portion of Ordnance Chain Reserve, colored Red, applied for by the St. Catherines, Thorold, & Suspension Bridge Road Company 27/9/52”. Also given on the map are the heights of cliffs on both sides of the river, roadways, and distances. Other features shown are: Gen. Brock’s Monument, Steamboat Landing, Clifton House, Goat Island, Navy Island and Grand Island. A boundary line is shown in the Niagara River. Relief is shown with shading and depths are shown by soundings.A notation on the map indicates that it accompanied a report dated 6 November 1852. The map is signed by its authors and bears the stamp of the Canadian Office of Commanding Royal Engineer’s.Authorship indicated: Alexander Gordon and W.T. Renwick, Royal Engineers.Scale: 1 inch to 4000 feet ; [1:48,000]Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3154. Original map size 45 x 56 cm.Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.