MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistoric map showing the Military Reserve at the Village of Queenston. Map is oriented with north to the bottom. The military reserve is located along the shoreline from the Niagara River, west to a road that leads to St. David’s. Two lots are labelled with the land owners names: “Dickson’s” and “Secord’s”. A boundary line in the south is labelled “Chisham’s Enclosure”. Other lines are labelled with latitude and longitude coordinates. Also shown are buildings, Government Wharf and relief is shown by hachures.
Authorship indicated: A. Walpole, Henry Vavasour.
Scale: 500 ft. = 1 in. ; [1:6,000]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-4349 Original map size 26 x 38 cm. Black and white paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3464 Q84 R4 1819 W35.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1903