MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistorical map showing lot boundaries and numbers, as well as land that is labelled; "reserve for works" at Mississauga Point. The map is oriented with north the bottom right, as indicated by an arrow. At the southern side of the lots is the Town of Niagara. To the east is a Military Reserve and to the north is Lake Ontario. At the west side of the land mass there is a water inlet labeled “1 mile pond”. A waterway is shown cutting through the lots leading east toward military reserve land. Text at the bottom right of the map reads: "Copy, York U.C. May 3rd 1817, copied from a plan in the Surveyor Genls Office Sigd Geo. Phillpotts Lt R.E." In the bottom left corner: “C.S. 114”.
Ink stamp on verso: National Map Collection, Public Archives of Canada. Written in pencil on verso: F/440 - Niagara - 1817.
Authorship is indicated: “Geo. Phillpotts”
Scale: [600 ft] to 1 inch ; [ca. 1:10,000]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection, Photoreproduction: NMC-19556. Original map size 22 x 22 cm., on sheet 67 x 46 cm. Black and white paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3464 N55 G45 1817 P45.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1681.