Plan showing the situation & dimensions proposed for Building Lots for Merchants and Traders on the King’s reserved Land near Fort George in the Province of Upper Canada
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistoric plan showing the Town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake) with a focus on the King’s reserved land near Fort George. North is oriented to the bottom right. The Niagara River is shown along the bottom of the plan. Navy Hall, a store-house and wharfs are shown on the bank of the Niagara River adjacent to the site of Fort George. On this plan only the site of Fort George is shown, not a diagram of the fort itself. Further north along the river the land is divided into lots and labelled with numbers and owner names. Military boundaries are shown along with roadways and unlabeled buildings. The plan is signed: “Submitted by Gother Mann Col. Command. R. Engr. Quebec 10th Novr. 1802.” Relief is shown by shading.
Authorship indicated: Gother Mann
Scale: 1 inch to 200 feet ; [1:2,400]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-19552. Map image in JPEG format. Digital image from the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1677.