AbstractHistoric map showing military forts, landings, portage roads on both sides of Niagara River. North is oriented to the right. Buildings are shown at military forts and other locations along the river, however they are not labelled. Grand Island is a prominent feature on the southern portion of the plan. Niagara Falls and islands within the Niagara River are labelled. Relief is shown with hachures. The Plan is signed by its author.
"VI/407 1814 Niagara District" written on verso, and on margin on recto of copy 2.
Authorship indicated: George Williams.
Scale: Copy 1, paper format 50% [ca. 1:63,360]. Copy 2 is a photoreproduction at scale 1:15,380.
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-29139. Black and white paper reproduction is available in Brock University MDGL. Call Number: G 3312 N52 1814 W55. Reproduced from original image on the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 698.