Environs of Niagara Falls, showing Crown Reserve and claim of James Windeat, 1841
AbstractHistoric map showing a portion of Niagara Falls. North is oriented to the right. This map is crudely sketched. The Niagara River is shown with the falls indicated with hachures. A portion of military reserve land from Chippewa is shown running along the west side of the river. The land is roughly broken into lots and some roads are shown and labelled. The “Ontario House” hotel and the “Pavillion Hotel” are marked as is a museum. Goat Island is shown within the river. A handwritten notation at the bottom left reads: “Taken from Land Petitions Wl. 63 1841.” Relief is shown by landform drawings.
Authorship is not indicated.
No scale shown.
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-4218. Map image in JPEG format.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
"Originally with a petition for a licence of occupation; shows the falls and the bldgs on top of the bluff including that of James Windeat."--Mapping Upper Canada 1780-1876 / by Joan Winerals.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1663.