AbstractHistoric sketch showing a portion of the Town of Niagara (present day Niagara-on-the-Lake). North is oriented to the right. Text above the title reads: “Taken from Land petitions B1 no 92 1842”. The Niagara River is shown at east and a Military Reservation at south. The town is shown in blocks broken into lots and numbered. King Street is shown bordering the lots to the south, running east to west. Three streets run from King Street north: John Street, Queen Street, and Prideaux Street. Lots 103 and 104 have the text: “Lots applied for”. Lots 65 and 66 have text: “Granted for the Market lots.” Sketch is signed by author with his initials and dated: “18th March, 1839”.
Authorship indicated: James G. Chewett
Scale: No scale shown.
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-4169. Map image in JPEG format. Digital image from the CD-ROM entitled "Historic maps of the Niagara Peninsula from 1787-1864, acquired 2005" available in the Map Library at call number Map PC G 3462 N53 1864 L53 2005.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1688.