AbstractHistoric map showing Burlington Heights including the Desjardins Canal and Burlington Bay. North is oriented to the top right. Military batteries and barracks are shown at the north and south of Burlington Heights. Also at north is a grave yard. Desjardins Canal runs east to west around Burlington Heights. The area west of Burlington Heights is labelled Coots’ Paradise. East of Burlington Heights is Burlington Bay. Roads to Dundas and Toronto are shown. The northernmost portion of the plan has a textual notation: “This bank and edge of the water are only sketched”. At the top of the plan are two separate, lengthy copy notations. Relief is shown by shading.
Authorship indicated: Lewis Burwell D.P.S. Copy by Henry Lizars, and S.P. Hurd. Certified as a true copy by Philip John Bainbrigge. Copy note, Surveyor General’s Office signed by J. Radenhurst. Endorsed: Burlington Heights. Capt. Bonnycastle.
Scale: 10 chains to 1 inch ; [1:7,920]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3849. Map image in JPEG format.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 756 (2)