Sketch of Drummondville Shewing in red the Houses etc. hired for the Accommodation of Troops
AbstractHistoric plan showing the village of Drummondville (present day Niagara Falls) with roads and buildings depicted. North is oriented to the right. Some buildings are not labelled, however one building at the southern portion of the map is labelled as a “Pavillion”. Other buildings are labelled alphabetically. Reference text at the right side of the plan provides further information about the buildings that correspond with the letter they are labelled with. The buildings include hotels, houses, bath houses, barns, stables, cottages and a chapel that served as a hospital. Some forested areas are shown and relief is shown with shading.
Text at the bottom right of the plan reads: “Royal Engineer Office Toronto V.C. copied Rd. Birley (?) 22nd Augt 1838.” Plan is signed by the author: “W. H. Roberts Lieut R.E.”. Plan bears the stamp of the Royal Engineers Office and is numbered 428.
Authorship indicated: W. H. Roberts, Richard Birley
Scale: 1 inch to 100 yards ; [1:3,600]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3790. Map image in JPEG format.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 1662.