Map of the District of Niagara, Accompanied by Explanations of Water Communications
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistoric map showing the Niagara District with north oriented to the top at Lake Ontario. The map shows town boundaries, the route of the Second Welland Canal and other hydrological features. Of note is a proposed military road that is shown with a dotted line from Hamilton to Fort Erie. One spot on the map, Port Robinson where Chippawa Creek meets the Welland Canal, has been circled. Also, “Welland” has been hand written in the area of Crowland and Humberstone. Text at the right of the map provides “Explanations (Water Communications)” which provide further detail about they hydrological features and significant roads. Written in pencil on both sides: H3/407 1849.
Authorship not indicated.
Scale: [ca. 1:175,750]
Digital reproduction: Library and Archives Canada, National Map Collection: NMC-3008. Original map size 40 x 50 cm. Black and white copy available in the Map, Data and GIS Library at Call Number: G 3462 N53 P1 1849 M37.
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.
Described in: Mapping Upper Canada, 1780-1867 / Joan Winearls. 1991. Reference no.: 804.