Plan of lands selected to be set apart for the Niagara Falls Park
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractHistorical map showing Niagara Falls, the Niagara River and the boundaries of the Niagara Falls Park. As indicated directly below the main title of the map, the park was “authorized by the Legislature of the Province of Ontario by an act entitled – The Niagara Falls Park Act being 48 vic. cap. 21.” Further handwritten information reads as follows: “We hereby certify that the tract of land selected by as for the Niagara Falls Park is that included between the red line laid down on this map and the international boundary line in the Niagara River”, signed by three commissioners whose names are indecipherable. “The selection shown by this plan is approved by the Lieutenant Governor in Council by order dated 14th day of December 1885 [signature] Clerk of the Executive Council of Ontario.”
Land adjacent to the Niagara River is divided into lots labelled by both number and owners name. A red line clearly indicates the boundary for the Niagara Falls Park. Also shown on the map is the Michigan Central Railway, streets, buildings and islands. An arrow drawn in the Niagara River indicates the direction in which the water flows.
Scale: 200 feet to 1 inch ; 1:2,400
Georeferenced and modified by Map, Data and GIS Library, Brock University.